Video Games in Veronica Mars TV Series - List

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Video Games in Veronica Mars TV Series - List

Post by Jagosaurus »

noiseredux wrote:Anyway, it's a series I've always wanted to get into cuz I'm a fan of hers. I've seen a couple episodes randomly, and meant to watch the series before the movie came out. Maybe I'll use this thread as a reason to start plowing through to look for games.

Noise and anyone else thinking of watching VM...

The first four episodes come on Pivot this afternoon starting at 4p central. Pivot is a channel available on most cable providers, dish, & direct. S1E4 is one of my favorites based around the dev of a new FPS.

Happy watching :D

_____

Edit: Just added to original thread. Watched two episodes, added two games. There may be many more games than I recalled. We'll see!

My Retro Achievements | Games Beaten 2023 & 2024 |
xJAGOx = Xbox Gamertag | Console Mods
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Okayyy revisting this project as Mrs Jagosaurus was watching an episode on Pivot, and I saw the guys playing Mortal Kombat on OG xbox. Not sure exactly which MK. Added below to main thread. Seeing this in passing makes me think I'm missing several games shown or mentioned. Any new or old VM fans with games to add?

Also, funeral episode with Fable was on today.

Added:
"Mortal Kombat (oXbox)
Not sure if Armageddon, Deception, or Deadly Alliance - TBD
Episode # TBD"

After rethinking, maybe thread should be moved to "Games As Culture" subforum due to the cult following of the series & significance within mid-2000s pop-culture?

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I know we have some Veronica Mars fans here. Worth noting, multiple sources reporting series reboot is in the works with Hulu :shock:

I'm im!

Also, regarding the gaming in VM, if you watch Rob Thomas' newest series iZombie, they play games all the time. They usually show a few seconds of gameplay. Obvious at this point, RT is a big game fan.

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Hmmmm..... do you think some1 over at IGN googled video games in Veronica Mars as she reviewed Season 4 (which came out on Hulu in 2019)?
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/26 ... easons-1-4

Could be common thinking, but man... we sure do come up #1 when you Google that, above IGN now. She did add Season 4.

Cleaned up OP, added images that had 404ed, & edit Unreal Tournament section with video link 8). I recommend watching the entire Wrath of Con episode. It revolves around an internet fraud group, LAN party (seen in video clip below), & the development of a new FPS.
YouTube vid - footage of this LAN scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-KQSg9YzW8

IMDB:
In an attempt to help out Wallace win over a potential girlfriend, Veronica takes on the case of tracking down an Internet fraud ring, which leads her to an underground gaming community.