Nintendo DS Hidden Gems

Post game-related video clips here
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo DS Hidden Gems

Post by pierrot »

alienjesus wrote:Another Code/Trace Memory - Excellent adventure game that makes fantastic use of all the DS features.

"Excellent"? I received the game as kind of a weird birthday gift from an ex, so I may have a substantially different relationship with the game than others, but I thought it was fairly average, honestly. It was one of the first adventure games I'd ever really played, though, and I haven't played it again since initially beating it.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

pierrot wrote:
alienjesus wrote:Another Code/Trace Memory - Excellent adventure game that makes fantastic use of all the DS features.

"Excellent"? I received the game as kind of a weird birthday gift from an ex, so I may have a substantially different relationship with the game than others, but I thought it was fairly average, honestly. It was one of the first adventure games I'd ever really played, though, and I haven't played it again since initially beating it.

Your milage may vary? I loved almost every moment. I also loved the sequel, which seems more hit and miss with the critics.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I've actually been somewhat interested in the sequel since hearing about it. I just keep forgetting about it.

I'm not saying I didn't like the original, just that it was pretty short, simple, and I didn't find the story all that engaging; So, "Excellent," sounds a bit like hyperbole to me. It's been quite a while since I played it, though, and I don't necessarily want to take anything away from you if you did actually enjoy it that much.
Crynox
16-bit

Post by Crynox »

How about Picross and Picross 3D ? I'm not into puzzle games at all but these 2 have always grabbed my attention..
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Metal Jesus, know u dig tower defense... I'd love to see Lock's Quest make the list! Great TD game with RPG elements & a cool story. Gives off that 16 bit RPG vibe.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

http://youtu.be/OX7ATFgRVwk <--YouTube

PART 2: 8 More DS Games that should be in your collection

Games Shown:
Dementium: The Ward
Aliens Infestation
Nostalgia
Trackmania Turbo

Ontamarama
Dig Dug Digging Strike
Super Dodgeball Brawlers
Lock’s Quest
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Ah yes, Aliens: Infestation. If it were just a bit longer, if the aliens spawned randomly and the exploration elements were just a little better realized it might've become one of my favorite games of all time.

As it stands it's really damn fun. All of the different marines have their own personalities so it kind of hurts to lose any of them.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Nice to see Locks Quest!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

So it appears that they sort of combined Dig Dug I & II then for that game. Interesting.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

Jagosaurus wrote:Nice to see Locks Quest!

So many people mentioned Lock's Quest. That game has a small, but passionate following!