GENTLEMEN

Brawlers and Beatemups
nateup2
128-bit

Post by nateup2 »

Duel is fun and does not require the ram.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Doctor Fugue wrote:Awesome job.

Great to see Pit-FIGHTER in there. I love that game (the arcade version!).

Well Doc, I'm sorry to say that Pit-Fighter found its way into my "Worst SNES Fighters in America," though I figure if you've played the port, you'll know why. It's absolutely awful, and doesn't do the original game credit at all.

If you've never tried it, don't bother. It'll just depress you.
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

Ack wrote:
Doctor Fugue wrote:Awesome job.

Great to see Pit-FIGHTER in there. I love that game (the arcade version!).

Well Doc, I'm sorry to say that Pit-Fighter found its way into my "Worst SNES Fighters in America," though I figure if you've played the port, you'll know why. It's absolutely awful, and doesn't do the original game credit at all.

If you've never tried it, don't bother. It'll just depress you.

Indeed I have never played the SNES version. Thanks for the advice!

Although, there are probably lots of people who find the arcade game just as bad. Once again "digitized" sprites are left to distant memories!
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
Koopin_Krackerz
24-bit

Post by Koopin_Krackerz »

Mad props to you Ack! Very impressive and it was really cool to see you update on your progress. Thinking about doing something similar on another system later?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Consoles:
NES,Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii,
Gameboy Color, NeoGeo Pocket Color, Nintendo DS
Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, right now I'm collecting a few fighters for the Saturn. That one'll be tough to collect everything on, considering the large amount, though I've already got copies of Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, VF Kids, Golden Axe:: The Duel, and X-Men: Children of the Atom on the way, as well as a few other titles. Biggest pain will be getting a copy of Astral: Super Stars. Not sure why, but the minimum I've seen that game run for was $250.00.

Racket has mentioned that he'd enjoy an import guide...see what Japanese fighters I can get my hands on. And I've no idea if there's anything for the PAL guys that Japan and the US didn't get. Plus, with the 64 I picked up recently...yeah, there are some definite possibilities on what to start looking for next. I'm already keeping my eyes open for a copy of Mace: The Dark Ages. Been wanting to play as a chicken for a while...

Heck, what console would you like to see done?
Koopin_Krackerz
24-bit

Post by Koopin_Krackerz »

Ack wrote:Heck, what console would you like to see done?

Personally for me it be cool to see all the fighters for either the Saturn or Dreamcast. They both have an incredible amount of quality fighters and it be cool to here your take on the games we all know, but more so on the lesser known titles. I enjoy finding a random diamond in the rough as much finding a big name game for cheap. It's your quest and your money though and whatever you do, keep us posted because I think it's really cool and interesting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Consoles:
NES,Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii,
Gameboy Color, NeoGeo Pocket Color, Nintendo DS
Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, for the moment the Dreamcast is out since I don't own one. As for the Saturn...biggest issue is that a few get really expensive. I'll take some time and consider what to talk about. Heck, I could even discuss Genesis fighters, though it would likely result in me bitching about Time Killers a good deal...

Either way, I really enjoyed picking up these games and spending time with them. There were a few that I actually really enjoyed, even if they were relatively bad games. I've been considering the Nintendo 64 for a little while...maybe I'll start researching and compose a list of everything on it.