GENTLEMEN

Brawlers and Beatemups
Ack

GENTLEMEN

Post by Ack »

After months of collecting, spending time and money, constantly checking and rechecking eBay, and considerable amounts of play-testing...

BEHOLD!

Forty-three(43) fighting games that earned an American release for the Super Nintendo!

Featuring all your favorites!

Art of Fighting
Ballz 3D
Battle Blaze
Best of the Best Championship Karate
Brutal Paws of Fury
Clayfighter
Clayfighter Tournament Edition
C2: Judgment Clay
Doomsday Warrior
Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fighter's History
Justice League Task Force
Killer Instinct
King of the Monsters
King of the Monsters 2
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat 3
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Pit-Fighter
Power Instinct
Power Moves
Power Rangers Fighting Edition
Primal Rage
Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle
Rise of Robots
Samurai Shodown
Shaq Fu
Street Combat
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters
Tuff E Nuff
Ultraman
WeaponLord
World Heroes
World Heroes 2

I would like to take a moment to thank everyone on the forums who helped at Racketboy.com, as well as Wikipedia and eBay.

If you feel there is something I missed, feel free to contact me on this forum. Understand that I intentionally kept certain games off the list, such as boxing or professional wrestling titles. Also note that Super Godzilla and Ultimate Fighter were intentionally kept off. Super Godzilla does feature boss fights similar to a fighting game, though the use of items and the game design leading up to said boss fights lends it more to the Action genre than Fighting. Ultimate fighter may feature a VS. fighting mode, much like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time's Versus Mode, but at their cores these are both Beat 'Em Ups. And for anybody that wants to nitpick the point:

I own Ultimate Fighter. It's not a VS Fighter.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Awesome! And I found "earning an American release" as humorous :)
Think you could post a bigger picture? (or a link to one?)
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

That's awesome and ridiculous. Now you need a display case with little museum tags for each game.

I did see your article, but out of all these what is your favorite?
Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, unfortunately I don't own a digital camera. Those photos were all taken with a cell phone camera, and not a very good one. If I can get my hands on them, expect everything from better pictures of them in their box or in order on the floor, to pictures of Justice League Task Force's first baby steps.

Honestly, out of all of them, Street Fighter Alpha 2 would be my favorite. I got a SNES in 1996, so Alpha 2 came bundled with it, and when you only have one game, you tend to play it. A lot. After becoming proficient with every character enough to beat the game on normal(and good enough with certain characters to beat it on the hardest difficulty without breaking a sweat), it kinda earned a special place in my heart. Now that I'm going back to it, I've discovered I've lost a lot of my skill with certain characters, though I've also found that my Chun Li skills still dominate the neighborhood(Literally.) Of course, I'd be lying if I said Alpha 2 didn't teach me some bad habits...but Marvel vs. Capcom only reinforced them, and that's probably my favorite 2D fighter of all time.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

You really do need that Saturn, don't you? :)
SFA2 is one of my all-time favorite Saturn games!
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah...yeah I do. Anybody know if Golden Axe: The Duel is any good?
indecks
Next-Gen

Post by indecks »

The Duel isn't too bad. I had it at some point, but I cant remember if it required a RAM cart. Unfortunately I don't remember a whole lot about it. I seem to remember something about Armor being able to be broken, but maybe I'm mixing it up with another game.
jackspicer
32-bit

Post by jackspicer »

If you dont mind, what was the most expensive one and what did it set you back.. and what type of controller do you use? super advantage?
Ack

Post by Ack »

Actually, it would be Street Fighter Alpha 2, coming in at about $25.00, plus shipping. As for controllers, I actually stick with the SNES original. I've always felt it was a solid controller and it's always treated me well. I do own a Super Pad, but I hardly ever use it for anything beyond testing games, or if one controller is acting up and I'm playing with someone else.
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

Awesome job.

Great to see Pit-FIGHTER in there. I love that game (the arcade version!).
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever