Heroes of the Storm - Beta Codes and Discussion

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Heroes of the Storm - Beta Codes and Discussion

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

noiseredux wrote:I really like that they removed the level 40 cap. My past performance bumped me up to level 76 when I fired up 2.0. And by the end of the night I was at level 80.

Same! I'm really REALLY digging the new loot system. I also loved the avalanche of retroactive loot boxes I got when I logged in to find myself at level 136 :lol: . The Overwatch loot system isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than the kinda-LoL-style system they had going before. Now you can get EVERYTHING just by playing the game, and the loot boxes mean you get loot way more often on top of that! That dopamine hit of more loot every game or two is SO good :P (seriously, it is).

Also, Noise and I teamed up to get the Genji thing today! We made a pretty sweet Lt. Morales and Greymane team 8)
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Jeff Kaplan mentioned that the Heroes skins will appear in loot boxes down the road, so my motivation for this event just went down the crapper.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

you know what's good motivation? That the game is just really fun to play.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

I think I'm enjoying the new emojis way too much :lol:

I just got brightwing and all of his are ADORABLE!
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

me and Partridge knocked out the five buddy QM's last night to get the D.Va loots. Two HORRIBLE matches, followed by three rather great ones. My Jaina hit lvl 20 in the process which was nice.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

noiseredux wrote:me and Partridge knocked out the five buddy QM's last night to get the D.Va loots. Two HORRIBLE matches, followed by three rather great ones. My Jaina hit lvl 20 in the process which was nice.

Dang! I don't have anyone nearly that high! I've been casting my leveling net a lot wider than taller since I started playing again last week. Lower levels level up a lot faster, so you get loot boxes a lot faster too :mrgreen:

Plus that 500 gold you get for reaching level 5 on a hero adds up pretty quick for getting more heroes :)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

she's my highest leveled/most used hero. I don't think I have any others at level 10 even. Have a couple 7 or 8. But yeah, since the 2.0 content hit I've been working on messing w/ heroes I've never used because you can knock out low levels in like two matches (w/ Stim) so you can get lots of loot quickly that way. In turn, I've also discovered some heroes that I'm liking but never used (Li-Ming comes to mind). Which is maybe the point in giving you 20 free heroes and a 30-day stim and all that.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

me and Partridge have been killing it this week. The rest of y'all need to step yr game up with us.

Thanks to the stim I've been playing new heroes. Started on Diablo tonight and loving him. Think I got him free from... um... Oh goodness, now I'm embarrassed. Someone game him to me when they got him free with a new GPU a while back. Was it Maru maybe?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Buddy of mine got me into it recently as a time filler. We are only playing it against bots so we dont have to follow the meta. So if anyone sees me on battlenet and wants to beatup some bots, drop me a line.