Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ivo
Next-Gen

Re: Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

Post by Ivo »

I watched a few episodes of this when I was a kid and still have the theme song stuck in my head. I don't remember the overall plot much but I think it was a bit similar (to some extent) with G-force.

There was something to the N-th degree somewhere.
deathsled
128-bit

Post by deathsled »

Can you feel the thunder inside? Saaaaber Rideeerrrrrrrr

Totally still have that song in my head after all these years. I feel like me and my cousin were the only people who ever saw this show back in the day lol.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

If it's anything like Battle of the Planets/G-Force I'm all in for enjoying an anime like that and the game could end up pretty good too. Was there ever a game for that? I know some other earlier titles ended up with games, though some like Speed Racer got more than others.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Is anyone getting this? I'm deciding between the Dreamcast or PC Engine CD versions. They still need $16000 to go in 5 days, but I'm hopeful they can make it. It looks good!
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

I did pledge, but I'm honestly surprised it's even done this well. Saber Rider just doesn't have the same kind of fanbase that Voltron or Thundercats or other such series have. Still, I had enjoyed the show A LOT as a kid (I made the Internet's first ever Saber Rider fansite back in the day...on Tripod...ah, memories) so it would be cool to see a game based on it, if only as nostalgia fuel.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Ghegs wrote:I did pledge, but I'm honestly surprised it's even done this well. Saber Rider just doesn't have the same kind of fanbase that Voltron or Thundercats or other such series have. Still, I had enjoyed the show A LOT as a kid (I made the Internet's first ever Saber Rider fansite back in the day...on Tripod...ah, memories) so it would be cool to see a game based on it, if only as nostalgia fuel.

Well, they made it!
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

Well, color me surprised.

The first stretch goal is the one that interests me the most, with the 2 and 5 minute Caravan Modes. Love those in Recca and PCE shmups, so I'm hoping that one makes it in.
Ghudda
128-bit

Post by Ghudda »

Wow, awesome that they made this happen. I think I want to get behind this, but yeah, having a real hard time choosing between PCE and Dreamcast.
B/S/TCollectionYouTube

test3
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Ghudda wrote:Wow, awesome that they made this happen. I think I want to get behind this, but yeah, having a real hard time choosing between PCE and Dreamcast.

I finally decided on PCE for two reasons. 1) I don't think there will be anything in the game that is taking advantage of Dreamcast hardware. Seems a simple 2D run n gun, and the PCE CD is more than capable of handling that. 2) A very well-respected PCE homebrewer is working on the project, too.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Plus, the DC seems to get somewhat regular new releases from hobbyists. The PCE not so much.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.