Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Blu
Next-Gen

Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

Post by Blu »

I didn't see this anywhere in the searches I performed, but have you seen this new Kickstarter Project? Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs:

From the kickstarter website:
Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs is an all-new 2D 16-Bit style run'n'gun shoot-'em-up including giant Mecha action, based upon the original series from 1986 for Nintendo 3DS, Steam (PC, MAC, Linux) and Sega Dreamcast. Allow us to take you back in time with this original 80's IP. Power Stride and Ready to Ride!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sa ... video-game

So far physical releases for 3DS, Dreamcast, and PC. I think it will be pretty sweet.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

Post by fastbilly1 »

No way. We do have a kickstarter thread in the PC section, but this is just awesome. First Thunderbirds, now Saber Rider. Come on new Zoids!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I've never heard of this, but it looks awesome.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Possible PC Engine version?! :shock:
arcadifvid
32-bit

Post by arcadifvid »

nice. always loved this series. wonder how they handled the license though given this is originally Bismark. or is it something they could go straight to WEP with ?
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Wow, it's based on an anime so obscure I've even never seen an episode of it. It looks cool though! I feel like I've been Kickstarting too much lately; I'll hope that it gets funded and maybe buy the Dreamcast version once it's released.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Count me in on that I just don't remember this ever existing back in the day. And I did seek out anime even before I knew what the hell it was between macross(robotech), transformers, speed racer, astro boy, star blazers, and a few others pre-copying VHS tapes in the later 90s I'd rent out. :)

Looks good as a concept though. I'll leave it at this not wanting to go down the kickstarter path again on this, but if it makes it, and it gets physical copies and does well I'll hope there's a retail release and I'd buy it. Given what they're asking for a physical PC release it's a bit much.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Tanooki wrote:Count me in on that I just don't remember this ever existing back in the day. And I did seek out anime even before I knew what the hell it was between macross(robotech), transformers, speed racer, astro boy, star blazers, and a few others pre-copying VHS tapes in the later 90s I'd rent out. :)

Looks good as a concept though. I'll leave it at this not wanting to go down the kickstarter path again on this, but if it makes it, and it gets physical copies and does well I'll hope there's a retail release and I'd buy it. Given what they're asking for a physical PC release it's a bit much.

There will not be a physical release of the game outside of those given to backers. You may be able to buy it directly from them after release in a physical form, but it is not mentioned.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I have no idea what this is, but backing in hopes they can do the Turbo CD version.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:There will not be a physical release of the game outside of those given to backers. You may be able to buy it directly from them after release in a physical form, but it is not mentioned.

While they aren't explicitly saying so, I think it's safe to assume that if the Kickstarter succeeds, physical copies will be available for sale. At no point do they tate that physical copies will be Kickstarter exclusive while they are very explicit about the exclusivity of a lot of the other rewards (SNES-style box, soundtrack CDs, artbook, manual, etc). It makes business sense that once they've got the game developed and discs being manufactured, they might as well have extra copies made.

Of course if the Kickstarter doesn't succeed, then the game won't be released at all. But since I'm not familiar with either the TV series or the previous work by "Bplus Games" I'm not eager to throw down $45 for a Dreamcast game based exclusively on cool looking art and a couple scant seconds of gameplay.