Together Retro March 2019 Poll: Winner = Arthur, Monkeys!

Join in on our classic gaming club!

Together Retro March 2019 Poll

Poll ended at Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:06 pm

HD remake my ass!
25%
The arcade at home on 8/16-bit era consoles.
28%
Nintendo, Sony, and Sega walk into a bar... And get drunk and publish games on platforms not their own!
20%
Arthur, Monkeys!
28%

Total votes: 40

marurun

Together Retro March 2019 Poll: Winner = Arthur, Monkeys!

Post by marurun »

Update: The results are in! The poll ended in a tie, with option 2 (the 8/16-bit Arcade experience) making a last minute surge to catch up with the long-time leader, Arthur, Monkeys! I did a coin toss and the result was Iowa (Tails) with means Arthur, Monkeys! is the winner for March 2019. Get some monkey games added to your queue, or go out and buy one if you need to. If you have any questions about eligible titles you can post them here up until I have the actual March topic set up for March 1st. Thanks for voting!

March is coming on quickly! Time to pick our Together Retro theme for March 2019.

1. HD remake my arse! We will play games that were later remade or remastered. But we don't play those shiny remasters. We play the originals, in all their retro glory! Ports to other platforms with minor improvements or alterations are OK. Games that were rebooted don't qualify.

2. The arcade at home on 8/16-bit era consoles. This theme is about trying to recapture the arcade experience on 8 or 16-bit era consoles. Home versions that completely remake the arcade experience need not apply. Neo-Geo AES/CD doesn't count, but Neo Geo ports do!

3. Nintendo, Sony, and Sega walk into a bar... And get drunk and publish games on platforms not their own! Let's play Nintendo games not on a Nintendo-made console, Sony (Imagesoft, even!) games not on a PlayStation, and Sega games not on a Sega console.

4. Arthur, Monkeys! For this topic, the game must be about monkeys (or apes), monkey- (or ape-)themed, or prominently feature monkeys (or apes). Humans, lemurs, and other primates need not apply.

You have 8 days to decide. Choose wisely!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro March 2019 Poll

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Good stuff.. I think I'd like to play another Sega-Famicom game so I went with that option.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Agreed. Awesome, awesome topics. I am all about Famicom and NES Fantasy Zone. Barring that...monkeys!!!
marurun

Post by marurun »

If anyone feels they need some clarification of any of those options before voting, please ask. If you would like some game ideas for any of them to help you decide, well, we have a forum full of folks with brains full of ideas (mine, too)!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Agreed. Awesome, awesome topics. I am all about Famicom and NES Fantasy Zone. Barring that...monkeys!!!

The Famicom Fantasy Zone is so underrated. I honestly like it more than the Master System port (but not as much as Fantasy Zone 2).
marurun

Post by marurun »

Fantasy Zone? PC Engine or bust!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

I picked arthur monkeys since Ape Escape has been on my bucket list forever and this seems like a great time to finally play it
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

The only logical choice is monkeys. Ape escape, monkey island, samba de amigo. Donkey Kong, super monkey ball, skull monkeys and so much more! No brainer!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

pook99 wrote:I picked arthur monkeys since Ape Escape has been on my bucket list forever and this seems like a great time to finally play it

Ape Escape is great. I devoured every game in the “trilogy” and think it’s a shame Sony doesn’t do anything with the property anymore.

Also...it is nice to see that the Atari 7800 port of Donkey Kong Junior works with two categories next month!

EDIT: It works for three!!!
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I voted HD Remakes My Arse and Arthur, Monkeys.
Either way I'd get to play a Monkey Island game!