August 13/14
20%
August 20/21
No votes

Total votes: 10

MrPopo

Seattle Area Meetup 8/13

Post by MrPopo »

So I've been tossing around the idea of doing a Seattle area Racketboy meetup; we've got a decent number of people out here and I think it'd be fun to get together. When I was having lunch with Stark he said something that reminded me that it's getting close to summer, so let's see if people would be interested.

I'm thinking a get together on a weekend at my house. I can grill us some eats and we can play video games or board games (I've got a large dining room table) or any other such commiseration.

So who all might be interested, and what weekends would be good for people?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Seattle Area Meetup Interest/Planning

Post by Stark »

I'd be down.

I'll have to look at the calendar at home to see when I'm available. Off the top of my head I know May 28th won't work and a week in late August is out for a family reunion. If I have some advance notice I'm sure it'll be fine.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

I'd be interested if my boyfriend could come with me. I would still be interested you would prefer that he didn't, but it would be a little more difficult for me to get there as I can't drive :|

As for days... I can't this weekend or next weekend, and I have plans on June 25/26 and July 2/3 weekends, but other than those days, I don't think I have anything else going on. I'm generally pretty flexible as long as notice isn't super last minute.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

laurenhiya21 wrote:I'd be interested if my boyfriend could come with me. I would still be interested you would prefer that he didn't, but it would be a little more difficult for me to get there as I can't drive :|

As for days... I can't this weekend or next weekend, and I have plans on June 25/26 and July 2/3 weekends, but other than those days, I don't think I have anything else going on. I'm generally pretty flexible as long as notice isn't super last minute.

No worries on the boyfriend.

I'm definitely planning on this having a fair amount of advance notice. It would definitely not be before June.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Wish I was still in Seattle... Hope you guys get to meetup.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Sounds like fun! I may be starting a new job soon, which will make my schedule unpredictable, but most likely count me in.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Well, there's a poll now. Vote for your three favorite weekends, and we can drill down from there. I pre-cut out the weekends that I don't have free.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

I am in the area, but there are also a few Racketeers in Washington that I don't feel safe around, so I don't think I would go. Besides, I've kinda stopped collecting - sure, I hang out at local retro stores often, but I'm not actively expanding my collection anymore. I'm also not posting here much anymore, and I would only want to meet a couple of nice people that I remember for old time's sake.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

As 1 of like 5 people I know of that are around here, that makes me sad that I could be counted among this number. Maybe there is nothing I could do to change the perception, but please PM me if I am the one to have offended you.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

You should come! I got your back yo!
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry