Your Nintendo Playstation Dream Software list!

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Your Nintendo Playstation Dream Software list!

Post by flojocabron »

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/nintendo-playstation/

Yes you've all seen it, debated and denied and drooled all over this prototype.

We saw that there was no physical disc games for it. :|

But what if, in some alternate reality, where this console did come into fruition and was beloved by all, what games did you think would have come out for it?

I think that this console would have made competition with the 3d0, sega cd and PC engine CD. In that time of the early 90's when CD based console games were just starting.

What games would have been ported to this PLAYSTATION system? Or what popular games would have been re-released with cd enhanced audio?

Or would this early system be plagued by FMV games of that generation?

Surely Nintendo would have strict quality control. Or what would have Sony done? Like two bratty brothers fighting over a new toy? What bickering and negotiating would have occurred between these two japanese mega corporations?

Anyways, what software between 1992 and 1994 would have been released for it? Or what later later 90's game would have been made for it had sony not entered the video game industry? What game would you have want to released on it?

Fuck it! Go ahead and include early launch titles for the Saturn and original PS1 if you want. Surely the Nintendo Playstation would have pulled it off!

Lets see what us creative retro gamers can come up with!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Re: Your Nintendo Playstation Dream Software list!

Post by flojocabron »

My first choice for a game that would have been awesome for this system is this:

This is one of the most famous castlevanias that most everyone in the US never fully played. This would have fit right at home on an Nintendo machine. We would have gotten pretty much the same content as the PC engine game and not the watered down port the original SNES got.

How many more fans of Castlevania would have been introduced to this series had this game come out earlier in the North American market?

Alas its just a dream though.

Another damn popular series that would have been super popular on the NPS (yay acronyms!) would have been the Final fantasy games!

Square would have made a killing off of re-releasing their games with enchanced CD audio. They would have gone CGI crazy and inserted more cutscenes into their games. They would have made their games longer and would have fulfilled their dreams of sequels with multi disc games. They would have never left Nintendo and join up with sony. Oh the possibilities!

In a fantastic turn of events, what if this game jumped ship over to Nintendo?

If the NPS was already an RPG powerhouse, how much money and software sales would have changed hands if Sega CD's flagship RPG was ported to Nintendo? Or released with new content? Poor sega-cd wouldn't stand a chance.

Well that's enough fanboyism for tonight! I'll come up with a few more games to add, that is unless you beat me to it!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Perhaps some games combining the best of each Sony and Nintendo exclusive games? Not just a fighter vs game of copyright characters, but tying in some game designs from each company for new games.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World 1 & 2 all on the same disc with enhanced audio and maybe graphics! Back when Nintendo did such crazy things lol. Also I'd love to see Snatcher on this system too!
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

A deluxe version of Super Mario World compared to the snes. We would have better Music CD sound quality compared to cartridge form. Someone did do a enhance soundtrack for Zelda snes recently. It would have been neat to own double the console back then. We would have probably gotten censored games from Nintendo or unequal amount of published games. Now I know why PSX means Playstation X girlfriend. I feel someone probably in China is going to try to make PS1+SNES combo console and forget to include Component or HDMI. The prototype owner that found ps snes cd. I knew the CD-rom wouldn't work. Plus I knew coding software would be useless to any ps1 game that everyone has. Sony would've had to re-code the programming for the current ps1 games. It probably played music that is all.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

corn619 wrote:Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World 1 & 2 all on the same disc with enhanced audio and maybe graphics! Back when Nintendo did such crazy things lol. Also I'd love to see Snatcher on this system too!

Yes! I was going to mention Snatcher too!

Glad you said it too!

I'm sure that early FPS games would have been ported to it as well. With no need for a super FX Chip Doom and Wolfenstein would have been perfect PC renditions!
marurun

Post by marurun »

But we don't really know that the enhanced technical qualities of the system were. Surely there was more going on that JUST adding a CD drive. I think there was an ADPCM chip, for example. But I think we can be relatively certain that said system was unlikely to have the PSX 3D hardware.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
arcadifvid
32-bit

Post by arcadifvid »

nintendo and CDs.....

faces of evil
wand of gamelon
hotel mario

3rd party ones would probably be what we saw in SegaCD/3DO years

SSF2T
road rash
nfs
myst
gex
rebel assault
snatcher
lunar

probably some neogeo and pc engine cd ports too
id bet virtual boy wouldnt have been made as well so most of the games there would probably made in this console in full color.

red alarm
teleroboxer
mario tennis
wario
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

The idea of Rondo of Blood being on a Nintendo PlayStation is just delicious.

There's a couple facets to the idea of the Nintendo PlayStation surviving, the first is, a lot of devs wouldn't have jumped ship so the Ultra 64 (This is a world where we have a Nintendo PlayStation) would have had a lot of titles the N64 lost (Final Fantasy VII), the second is the SNES would have been relevant longer, and Nintendo would have been cognizant of this.

Star Fox 2 would have come out. It would have been a cart game because Nintendo isn't going to pay the ludicrous royalties Sony wanted, but it probably would have come out if Nintendo was cognizant the Ultra 64 wasn't going to be ready in 1995.

Albert Odyssey wouldn't have been canceled and ported to the Saturn.

EA and UbiSoft would have released things like Road Rash and Rayman. Crystal Dynamics probably would have ported Gex too.

I don't think we would have seen another Final Fantasy on SNES. The reason for the title changes was just timing of those releases. They didn't even consider going back until several years later. However, if the SNES had a CD drive, and the Ultra 64 followed suit. Final Fantasy VII would have been an U64 game, along with an enormous list of other titles. (Also the Saturn likely wouldn't have been rushed to launch. And, the Sega CD would have most likely been legitimized via marketplace competition.)

I think basically every single arcade game would have been re-released. And I think a lot of late stage SNES titles would have been PlayStation only. Especially considering the idiotically high price of cartridges around 1994. All the Street Fighter Alpha games would have come out for it. Mortal Kombat Trilogy, most likely also. And probably a very different version of Killer Instinct.

Maybe Nintendo would have released the audio CD for BS Zelda too, in Japan.
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

marurun wrote:But we don't really know that the enhanced technical qualities of the system were. Surely there was more going on that JUST adding a CD drive. I think there was an ADPCM chip, for example. But I think we can be relatively certain that said system was unlikely to have the PSX 3D hardware.
Thank you....crusher of dreams. ;)