First Person ARPGs?

Level up here
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

First Person ARPGs?

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Right, so I'll say ARPG might not be the best way to put it, since it can mean very different things to PC players and console players. I'm just curious whats out there, outside of Elder Scrolls and Two Worlds. The only other one I can think of would be Arx Fatalix.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: First Person ARPGs?

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Recently I picked up / played Fighting Fantasy Warlock Of Firetop Mountain(DS) and I just started up the Witcher series which is pretty great.

Other than that off the top of my head there is the System Shock series, Fallout 3 + NV, and Dark Messiah: Might & Magic.

Edit: Forgot about first person mode requirement :P .
Last edited by Fragems on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ack

Post by Ack »

The Mount & Blade series can be played from a first person view if you like. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic also comes to mind.

Also, Stonekeep is a sort of mix of first person action RPG and old-fashioned dungeon crawler. I would watch a lot of gameplay footage before buying, just to make sure it would really interest you...
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - it's more in line with the FPS/stealth/RPG hybrid type games like Deus Ex, Dishonored, etc...but leans more heavily on the RPG-ness. You can't really get around low stats in things - guns are highly unreliable unless you put points into them for example.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Some of this stuff should have been more obvious. Didn't even think of Ultima Underworld. Keep the info coming though, if anybody knows of others, I'll look into what has been suggested. I'm interested in branching more, since every time I try something new game wise I pretty much love it. Might be grabbing CRPG reccomendations next.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

King's Field. If you only play one, make it The Ancient City on PS2.

Listen, when you first start playing one of these games it will seem like trash. Stick with it. After a little while you start to understand the grand majesty of the meta design. What was at first annoying becomes brilliant and by the end of it you will be astounded at what you've experienced. At least, that was my personal take away from beating the first and last game in the series. I still need to play part 2 and 3.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Exhuminator wrote:King's Field. If you only play one, make it The Ancient City on PS2.

Listen, when you first start playing one of these games it will seem like trash. Stick with it. After a little while you start to understand the grand majesty of the meta design. What was at first annoying becomes brilliant and by the end of it you will be astounded at what you've experienced. At least, that was my personal take away from beating the first and last game in the series. I still need to play part 2 and 3.

I kind of want to hit up Shadow Tower first because you... walk faster. lol
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Almost forgot to mention.....

If you really want to go back to the roots of this genre:
http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/daggorath.html
http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/cas ... oggad.html