Gamecube- Good co op games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
graffix_13
64-bit

Gamecube- Good co op games?

Post by graffix_13 »

What are some good couch co op games for the Gamecube?

A buddy here at work said that Rogue Squadron 3 is couch co op. I planned on getting Rogue Squadron 2 (as I hear that's the best in the series) but I'll get Rogue Squadron 3 first if it's co op.

Interested in all age ranges. I'll be playing the kid with my kids and the more serious stuff with a buddy.

Thanks!
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Gamecube- Good co op games?

Post by Exhuminator »

You'll probably find this useful:

http://www.gweep.net/~rocko/coop/gamecube.html

These are probably the best:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

If you can get your hands on a copy, Phantasy Star Online.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Gunstar Green wrote:If you can get your hands on a copy, Phantasy Star Online.

Seconded. Play on a big TV, of course. It's without a doubt the easiest way to get PSO multiplaying going these days.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

There are quite a few options for you in the multi-player world. For your kids, you can never go wrong with the Mario Party titles, as well as the Mario sports games like Mario Tennis, Mario Strikers, Double Dash etc.

Other good ones are the multi-player modes in Super Monkey Ball. tons of options and some excellent entertainment.

If money is no object, put the money down for some GBAs and link cables and go for Four Swords and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles as those are a real blast...if you have the hardware.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
terrin707
16-bit

Post by terrin707 »

graffix_13 wrote:What are some good couch co op games for the Gamecube?

A buddy here at work said that Rogue Squadron 3 is couch co op. I planned on getting Rogue Squadron 2 (as I hear that's the best in the series) but I'll get Rogue Squadron 3 first if it's co op.

Interested in all age ranges. I'll be playing the kid with my kids and the more serious stuff with a buddy.

Thanks!

You'll probably find it very interesting to know that Rogue Squadron 3 includes a nearly complete copy of "Co-opable" Rogue Squadron 2! (but this is the only way it can be played--single player is not possible). But, considering your desires, I would definitely recommend #3. :)

"The game also has a two-player multiplayer mode allowing co-operative play for all but two missions from Rogue Leader." - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Rogue_Squadron_III:_Rebel_Strike
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

Great, thanks for the info guys. I do appreciate it.

terrin707 wrote:You'll probably find it very interesting to know that Rogue Squadron 3 includes a nearly complete copy of "Co-opable" Rogue Squadron 2! (but this is the only way it can be played--single player is not possible). But, considering your desires, I would definitely recommend #3. :)

"The game also has a two-player multiplayer mode allowing co-operative play for all but two missions from Rogue Leader." - Wikipedia

So, overall, is Rogue Squadron 2 better than Rogue Squadron 3? I mean I guess I'll eventually get them both so it doesn't matter. I heard that you can play the scene from RoTJ when Luke cuts Jabba's henchmen to ribbons with his green lightsaber? Which one is that? Because that's an instant buy.
terrin707
16-bit

Post by terrin707 »

I'm not sure what game that is, but it sounds cool. Overall, I liked Rogue Squadron 2 better myself, but the point I was trying to make, is that if you are primarily interested in playing the games cooperatively, it might make sense for you to buy the third one first, since it contains almost the entire two-player portion of Rogue Squadron 2 in addition to the single and multiplayer portions of the third.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

graffix_13 wrote:Great, thanks for the info guys. I do appreciate it.

terrin707 wrote:You'll probably find it very interesting to know that Rogue Squadron 3 includes a nearly complete copy of "Co-opable" Rogue Squadron 2! (but this is the only way it can be played--single player is not possible). But, considering your desires, I would definitely recommend #3. :)

So, overall, is Rogue Squadron 2 better than Rogue Squadron 3? I mean I guess I'll eventually get them both so it doesn't matter. I heard that you can play the scene from RoTJ when Luke cuts Jabba's henchmen to ribbons with his green lightsaber? Which one is that? Because that's an instant buy.

Rogue Squadron 3 had the outside the vehicle stuff which is why most people aren't that into its single player. It's kind of clunky. They tried to do too much with it.
GamerMON
Next-Gen

Post by GamerMON »

Exhuminator wrote:You'll probably find this useful:

http://www.gweep.net/~rocko/coop/gamecube.html

These are probably the best:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse

Second on those. For more beat'em'ups Id go with Gauntlet: Dark Legacy and the TMNT Series. TMNT 2 has the original arcade game unlockable and TMNT 3 has Turtles in Time Arcade as an unlockable. Got both just for those. Also check out the co op in Timesplitters 2 and Future Perftect, if GCN first persons are your thing.