Deus Ex HR/Director's Cut - And Game Breaking Glitch Found..

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Deus Ex HR/Director's Cut - And Game Breaking Glitch Found..

Post by optmusprimenumber »

GLITCH -Players beware - after turning off the antenna in Derelict Row, Malick radioed me for extraction and I took off to dump some stuff in a storage container before she landed..when I got back she was stuck in the air.. All potential recovery saves were overwritten..fml.. guess it's time to take a break from Deus Ex :( I was totally killin it on my first New Game+ ..having a damn blast all morning and afternoon. And I've already tried going back to Sarif HQ hoping she'd radio me from there asking where I was and come get me, alas, no such luck.

The following is the previous posting action...

Welp, I feel like a jackass.. google-ing my specific questions didn't produce all the answers I was hoping for.. However, reading a review of the game did. Go figure. And I also found out that I wasted money. Oh well. I will have to pick up the Director's Cut after upgrading my cash flow augmentation.. :roll:

Since searching this site didn't come up with any (much?) Deus Ex talk, I guess this thread oughta be repurposed for that. You can see my original ramblings in the spoiler window.

So I've googled the web and searched the forums here and can't find anyone answering these questions I have. And since it's a multi-platform game I figured this is a good place to post.

With the Explosive Mission Pack or the Tactical Enhancement Pack I understand you start the game with weapons and items that aren't otherwise in the game. My question is, do you only get one chance to have them or do these weapons and items appear throughout the game like all the other weapons and items? So for instance, would I be able to drop them in the beginning and find them elsewhere later on?

Also, I know there has been a Director's Cut release of the game.. Does it include all the bonus content (items/weapons) from the bonus Packs? And/or does anyone know if the codes that unlock them for the original release work with the Director's Cut as well?

The thing is, I preordered the game at Gamestop to get the Explosive Mission Pack. Then later found out about the Tactical Enhancement Pack acquired by preordering it at Best-Buy. So I found the code for the TEP on eBay and got that. Since then some other DLC was released that I figured I would eventually get. The catch was I didn't own an Xbox 360 then, I just borrowed one to play the game but waited until I had my own to go Live and redeem the codes and purchase the additional DLC. Now I have a 360 and a 2 day trial code for Live. So, I'm ready to go nuts with all this bonus stuff but decided to research the price for the DLC and discovered the Director's Cut (Game Informer didn't mention it..and I flip through every issue of that magazine a few times over). I'd like to get the DC version for it's extra content but if the bonus Pack content isn't included and the codes won't work with it I might have to skip out on that. I'm hoping some of you have experience with all this stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Crap..this seems to answer my first question: http://steamcommunity.com/app/28050/dis ... 469112332/

Any responses are welcome though. Intel is always appreciated.

So let's talk about this game/series. Someone else go first :lol:
Last edited by optmusprimenumber on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
da66en
16-bit

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution - Bonus Pack Content Inquiries

Post by da66en »

Pretty sure the Director's Cut has everything.
WTB: 2600 Solar Fox, Solaris, HERO 7800 Space Duel XBox Ninja Gaiden Black Genesis/CD Shadowrun DC KOF 98 Disc only, Powerstone 2 SNES Shadowrun
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution/Director's Cut

Post by Xeogred »

I'm playing the Wii U version myself right now, but am not too far in to see anything new or different, other than just simply knowing it has everything.

Them removing the gold palette is a bit of a bummer. I don't know why, but that was kind of kept under wraps or nobody really knows they did that. Guess there's mods to do this to the PC release. Now it pretty much looks very much like Mass Effect or other slick sci-fi styled games, whereas I think those shades of gold gave it character. Still not a huge deal though, the character models definitely look way better.

The gamepad integration has been awesome so far.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

Just bought this game as it wen't on sale for Steam's winter sale event. Got it for $5. Should be a pretty good deal I think.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Post by optmusprimenumber »

Xeogred wrote:I'm playing the Wii U version myself right now, but am not too far in to see anything new or different, other than just simply knowing it has everything.

Them removing the gold palette is a bit of a bummer. I don't know why, but that was kind of kept under wraps or nobody really knows they did that. Guess there's mods to do this to the PC release. Now it pretty much looks very much like Mass Effect or other slick sci-fi styled games, whereas I think those shades of gold gave it character. Still not a huge deal though, the character models definitely look way better.

The gamepad integration has been awesome so far.

I saw some footage of that version talking about the wii u content.. the gamepad is displayed on screen where the radar originally was. Is it actually like that?.. or was it just superimposed for the purposes of the video.

Also, I'm a couple hours into the Director's Cut on 360.. there's new toys everywhere. I like selling and/or hoarding stuff, it's getting tricky.

Can't quite discern the tweaked AI improvements though. And I haven't gotten to a boss fight yet.. I'm interested in the reworked boss AI. Any spoiler free insight on that?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

First boss was cake. They just altered the environment a lot making it easier with more options.

Yeah the gamepad is the radar, but there is also an option to display it on the TV as well. It took a little getting used to, but with the radar upgrade I've just kept it on the gamepad and like it that way now. Hacking is way easier with the gamepad too. And you can draw on the maps so I've been using that for sewer holes, or areas I can't hack yet, etc.

Was the double barrel shotgun in the original?
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I was hoping for DLC that expands upon the finale of the game.. Alas i think they only released one mid-story mission and wrote the whole matter off afterwards.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I heard it was several hours long and good stuff.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Xeogred wrote:I heard it was several hours long and good stuff.

Yup. It was fantastic. Probably one of the best parts of the game level-design wise.

I'm replaying it on Wii U on Deus Ex difficulty and I have some thoughts.

1. I really should have played it on this difficulty in the first place. Fantastically challenging. A bit fustrating sometimes since load times are pretty long when loading a check point. Careful planning is made easier now though on the Wii U.

2. The game uses the gamepad so well that you could almost swear it was built for the Wii U in the first place. Hacking on the gamepad is awesome. Leaving notes on the map is awesome. Inventory management is easy thanks to actually having a proper pointing device. It's great.

3. The game is beautiful. I appreciate they removed the orange filter. The game is still very orange, but, it looks natural now. Has lots of anti-aliasing and the contrast introduced by the removal of the filter is very appreciated. I remember getting quite a lot of headaches playing it in original form trying to distinguish things. I haven't had that issue here. Runs well and is very clearly a step up from the other console versions.

4. Haven't noticed improved AI at all really in combat. They don't seem to know where you are by some sort of magic anymore so that's definitely better. The search patterns maybe see a bit more natural when you run off and hide.

5. Things seem to be placed better. Maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems like item placement is better but it has been a while. Th
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.