Next-Gen

Together RPG - Western RPG - Planescape: Torment

Post by Jmustang1968 »

The Western RPG will be Planescape: Torment

Sep 11th - Nov 11th

Planescape Torment - 13
Eye of the Beholder - 10
Ultima IV - 8
Last edited by Jmustang1968 on Sat May 11, 2013 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Together RPG - Western RPG - Vote Now

Post by CFFJR »

Went with Buck Rogers and Planescape.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Raiiban
24-bit

Post by Raiiban »

Dang, haven't had much luck with these so far, but I gotta go with Planescape Torment and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Been wanting to try out a Malkavian run in VtMB for a while now.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Eye of the Beholder + Planescape!
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

Raiiban wrote:Dang, haven't had much luck with these so far, but I gotta go with Planescape Torment and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Been wanting to try out a Malkavian run in VtMB for a while now.

+1
Playing a Malkavian in VtMB is probably one of the most unique and intresting things you can do in any RPG to date, although many say that it's not recommended for a first time player due to the cryptic nature of the clan.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Grimrock and Eye of the Beholder for me.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Ultima IV and Planescape
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Menegrothx wrote:+1
Playing a Malkavian in VtMB is probably one of the most unique and intresting things you can do in any RPG to date, although many say that it's not recommended for a first time player due to the cryptic nature of the clan.

I'd tend to agree, at least from what I've seen on my Malkavian playthrough (that I never finished). Though, I would say it's more a matter of not being able to appreciate it as much - if you're not already familiar with the plot or characters, then you won't necessarily recognize when some dialogue that seems random or crazy is actually incredibly insightful.
Ack

Post by Ack »

PROTIP: Malkavian isn't that hard. I've played them effectively in Vampire tabletop. Just make sure you understand a thing or two about insanity first.

And I'm thinking Eye of the Beholder. Damn though, you got the two Ultimas before they began appearing on the SNES!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Ack wrote:PROTIP: Malkavian isn't that hard. I've played them effectively in Vampire tabletop. Just make sure you understand a thing or two about insanity first.

And I'm thinking Eye of the Beholder. Damn though, you got the two Ultimas before they began appearing on the SNES!

Dude... The NES Ultimas aren't bad, but you don't want to play the SNES ports.