Light Gun Games for the OXbox

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Light Gun Games for the OXbox

Post by CD AGES »

I really enjoy playing House of the Dead III on the system with MadCatz guns (IMO one of the best guns ever made). But are there any other light gun games beside HOTD3 for the system?

Does Silent Scope Complete even work with the MadCatz guns?

Thanks everyone.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Light Gun Games for the OXbox

Post by CRTGAMER »

I am tempted to get XBox HOTD3, but older lightguns do not work on my HD CRT. Luckily, it has a Wii release. I set up a PS2 and Dreamcast with a regular SD tube on Halloween nights for older light gun games. One of the surprises on the PS2 which also has an XBox release is Starsky & Hutch. The show was corny but the game is unique. Try playing it with a driving controller while light gun shooting at the same time. :D

Wiki wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gun_games#Xbox

Xbox Lightgun Games

Silent Scope Complete
The House of the Dead III
Starsky & Hutch (video game)
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

HoTD III would be the only reason I'd want one. But I could just get it on Wii instead of trying to track-down an XBox light-gun.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

BurningDoom wrote:HoTD III would be the only reason I'd want one. But I could just get it on Wii instead of trying to track-down an XBox light-gun.

I recently found a pair for $15 a pop. The buid quality was rather surprising to me. Solid weight, a good trigger, well thought out button placement, an impressive analog stick and real good vibration feeback.

I always wanted to purchase HoTD 2,3 Returns mostly because I'm curious on the quality of the port for both games on the Wii. While HoTD 2 on OXBox is a flat out awful port (no where near the quality of its Dreamcast Rival), HoTD 3 is an amazing conversion which is to be expected considering the game was built on arcade hardware based on OXbox tech.

I recently read somewhere that the Wii version of HoTD 3 has an altered relaod scheme where u must point outside of the screen (ala HoTD2) to reload your gun. Can anyone here with the game confirm this? Because if its true then the Wii port is completely compromised as both Arcade and Oxbox version do not operate in such a manner.
Auron_Amarth
16-bit

Post by Auron_Amarth »

BurningDoom wrote:I recently read somewhere that the Wii version of HoTD 3 has an altered relaod scheme where u must point outside of the screen (ala HoTD2) to reload your gun. Can anyone here with the game confirm this? Because if its true then the Wii port is completely compromised as both Arcade and Oxbox version do not operate in such a manner.

Yep, it is true, I have HOTD 2 and 3 Returns for Wii and that's how you reload. I never played the arcade version or Xbox version so I can't compare.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Auron_Amarth wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:I recently read somewhere that the Wii version of HoTD 3 has an altered relaod scheme where u must point outside of the screen (ala HoTD2) to reload your gun. Can anyone here with the game confirm this? Because if its true then the Wii port is completely compromised as both Arcade and Oxbox version do not operate in such a manner.

Yep, it is true, I have HOTD 2 and 3 Returns for Wii and that's how you reload. I never played the arcade version or Xbox version so I can't compare.

Thank you for that confirmation. The Chihiro/Arcade version has the benefit of having arsenal shaped like shotguns. When you you need to reload, you simply pump the gun without a need to point outside the screen. Obviously the madcatz lightgun wasn't built with a pump mechanic, so the game simply reloads automatically with the in game protagonist pumping their shotgun with a reload timein-game that mimics the arcade version. this method is still much more viable than how it is handled on the wii simply because HotD3 was designed with more user friendly reload scheme to accommodate the more trigger happy style where the game throws at you more enemies and obstacles to shoot at..