Hell Yeah: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Hell Yeah: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Post by Gamerforlife »

Anyone try this one yet? Sega's publishing it. I'm downloading a demo right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XTZ3pI7tik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsAjZWBtmqk
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Hell Yeah: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Post by Gamerforlife »

So what I gathered from the demo, it's a platform game where you have a metal soundtrack, enemy fatalities (taking the form of wacky mini-games), and a world populated by characters that seem like something out of a twisted version of Disgaea.

Seems like a fun title. I was let down when the demo ended right before the first boss fight
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Hasn't been getting the best reviews. People are even complaining about slippery controls (inertia and so on). Did you end up buying it?
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

I probably would have liked this more had in the PS3 demo been able to use the Dpad instead of the analog stick.
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

jfrost wrote:Hasn't been getting the best reviews. People are even complaining about slippery controls (inertia and so on). Did you end up buying it?

Yeah, I bought it on PS3. I just finished the second boss. I'm having no issues with the controls at all. The game is a blast. Great soundtrack, awesome graphics, super violent fatalities, fun mini-games, and a certain arcade like feel. Plus, the humor is similar to wacky games like Castle Crashers, Earthworm Jim, and Disgaea. In fact, it feels in a lot of ways like the demented child of Disgaea and Earthworm Jim.

Sometimes reviews for a game are just utter bull crap. Best sometimes to try something out for yourself if it looks appealing. Try the demo.

Betamax001 wrote:I probably would have liked this more had in the PS3 demo been able to use the Dpad instead of the analog stick.

Yeah, my initial reaction to that was WTF!? It plays just fine with the analog though
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I just spent the past six hours playing this, staying up late in the process. Just couldn't pull myself away from it. It's pretty awesome, keeps throwing new surprises at you along the way to keep things fresh. It's a truly bizarre game, comparable to some of Treasure's weirder efforts or, again Earthworm Jim. There are parts of the game that can feel a bit cheap or awkward, but overall I think the game's fucking awesome. Any reviewer saying this game sucks needs a new career.

This may be favorite year of this entire gen when it comes to XBLA/PSN titles. Holy shit have I gotten spoiled in 2012 by Mark of the Ninja, Double Dragon Neon, Journey, Dust: An Elysian Tail, a Simpsons Arcade port, and now this. I even played a little bit of Fez and that wasn't too bad either.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Finished it, posted my thoughts in the games beaten thread. Great game that I really enjoyed. It's dripping in nostalgia, even featuring the old school Sega intro screen from the original Sonic the Hedgehog and a very Mega Man like explosion whenever you die. Shame some of the more positive reviews out there aren't featured on metacritic or gamerankings, like this one

http://electronictheatre.co.uk/xbox360/ ... ead-rabbit

It got some good reviews from EGM, Gameinformer, G4, and Eurogamer as well. So not all the review sites are down on the game. It definitely seems like a polarizing title though

There's also a really positive thread on it on neogaf.

Another great XBLA/PSN title in a year that has had quite a few already
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I pre-ordered it for PC yesterday. Definitely looking forward to it. It seems like something Sega of the 90s would have published or produced, which already gives it bonus points in my book.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Godot102
64-bit

Post by Godot102 »

I saw the trailer for this game a few months back. Looked pretty interesting. Its a 2D sega platformer/action game so I'm definitely interested.
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

Gamerforlife wrote:
Betamax001 wrote:I probably would have liked this more had in the PS3 demo been able to use the Dpad instead of the analog stick.

Yeah, my initial reaction to that was WTF!? It plays just fine with the analog though

Maybe I'll get it for 360 because I like the 360 controller for when I need to really use the analog sticks for movement.
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001