Together Retro: Ys I

Join in on our classic gaming club!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Together Retro: Ys I

Post by noiseredux »

Ok who cares about a leap year? I'm playing Ys. I'm stuck on the first boss though. I enter that damn room and there's smoke stuff blowing everywhere and I'm dead in about 3 seconds. I'm lvl 3 with the sword that Slaff gave me and the first armor and first shield. Do I need to level up more? Do I need to buy better stuff? Is there a strategy to that boss?

http://www.racketboy.com/together-retro ... s-vanished
Opa Opa

Re: Together Retro: Ys I

Post by Opa Opa »

Level up some more. Get some better equipment (if you can). Then bump that sucker when the flames are down.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:Ok who cares about a leap year? I'm playing Ys. I'm stuck on the first boss though. I enter that damn room and there's smoke stuff blowing everywhere and I'm dead in about 3 seconds. I'm lvl 3 with the sword that Slaff gave me and the first armor and first shield. Do I need to level up more? Do I need to buy better stuff? Is there a strategy to that boss?

yup. you need to level up to probably 4 or 5, and I don't think that counts as a boss. i have the second best armor/sword available from the walled town. I am maybe 5-10 minutes past where you are :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah I was thinking of just grinding until I could afford the best shit.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

noiseredux wrote:yeah I was thinking of just grinding until I could afford the best shit.

You may not have realized it; but you just mastered Ys.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

I just ordered the DS version with the LE soundtrack. I'll join you guys in a week or so.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
elabit
24-bit

Post by elabit »

Too easy!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I'll be playing it tomorrow! Ready to go.

Despite my name and pedigree, I do play RPGs from time to time, can't stand the grinding. I come from that generation, sadly. Hopefully won't have to do much of that here.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

I've always wanted to get into this series but never quite started...I think I'll go for the PSP version. Looks expensive and it's pretty short, though. Anyone want to get me a steal of a deal?

Looks like a lot of fun, though.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
Flake

Post by Flake »

Debating on playing the Master System or NES versions or breaking down and getting the VC TG-16CD version.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?