BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ethinethin
8-bit

BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2

Post by ethinethin »

It appears that Gaijin Games is working on a sequel to their most popular BIT.TRIP game, RUNNER. Here's an article detailing what we know about RUNNER 2 so far.

There's a link in that article to the official development blog so you can see some of the new graphics style.

The most notable features of the sequel seem to be a less retro art style, new moves such as some kind of stutter or stop move, the addition of checkpoints, and the fact that they will be foregoing release on Wii or WiiWare in favor of XBLA and PSN releases.

The original BIT.TRIP RUNNER was my favorite game in a long time, but I don't know how I feel about the impending sequel yet. I'm not feeling as thrilled as I should be, considering how much I enjoyed the original, but the game is only in its early stage of development so far, so only time will tell.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Re: BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2

Post by s1mplehumar »

ethinethin wrote:It appears that Gaijin Games is working on a sequel to their most popular BIT.TRIP game, RUNNER. Here's an article detailing what we know about RUNNER 2 so far.

Bring it on! I love Runner. One of the few games in recent memory I went 100% gold, specials. The inclusion of Anamanaguchi on the soundtrack is just icing.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
jfrost
Next-Gen

Re: BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2

Post by jfrost »

I couldn't get all the gold in the bonus stages in the first one. It's just too damn hard.