Sonic Generations

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
DomitorInvictus
24-bit

Sonic Generations

Post by DomitorInvictus »

Sonic Generations™

The ultimate celebration of 20 years in Sonic gaming, Sonic Generations delivers the definitive gaming experience for Sonic fans new and old.

Sonic’s universe is thrown into chaos when a mysterious new power comes into force, creating ‘time holes’ which take Sonic and his friends back in time. While there, Sonic runs into some very familiar characters from his past including a younger, classic version of himself! Now they must defeat their enemies, save their friends, and find out who is behind this diabolical deed.

Twice the Fun
Play as both Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic in the ultimate Sonic experience. Master the moves of each character as they race through each environment on their own specially designed track.

The Best Just Got Better
Iconic environments from gaming history come to life in beautiful HD for the ultimate Sonic adventure, each revisited, recreated and re-imagined with stunning results. Also, these environments are presented in stunning new stereoscopic 3D for a whole new way to play!

Unlock New Adventures
Once you complete each level and ‘free’ Sonic’s captured friends, you’ll get to go back and take on more challenges with them at your side.

Infamous Bosses and Rivals
Take on some of the most notorious characters from Sonic’s past as you fight for ultimate supremacy.

Master Your Moves
Master Classic Sonic’s famous Spin Dash and Spin Attack and utilize Modern Sonic ‘s ‘Sonic Boost’ as you complete the all new tracks.

Additional Key Features for Nintendo 3DS

All New Content
New and exclusive environments for the Nintendo 3DS include an unlockable ‘special stage’. Each environment features two tracks – one for Classic Sonic and one for Modern Sonic - designed to showcase the unique features of both Sonics.

2 Player Versus mode
Take on your friends and earn valuable status points.

Street Pass
Collect new content and unlock bonus material, increasing variety, interaction and replayability.

I have high expectations for this game, despite the fact I haven't played a quality Sonic game on a console since Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Sonic Colors looks okay).

Here's a trailer revealing a few levels from the Genesis Era: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I43OxrhIBkk

Looks promising...
AppleQueso

Re: Sonic Generations

Post by AppleQueso »

a friend of mine who's a big sonic fan has been really excited for this one. He thought colors was a nice return to form (or about as close to a return to form as you could expect).

I generally trust his opinions, though I definitely have my reservations. We'll see.
Flake

Post by Flake »

AppleQueso wrote:I generally trust his opinions, though I definitely have my reservations. We'll see.

I have my reservations as well...but I think we're talking about two different kinds of reservations.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

You've already preordered it? That's dangerous.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Sonic Colors is awesome, go play it.

As for Generations, I'm painfully excited. Waiting is torture sometimes.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

After playing Sonic Color's I actually think this can be pretty good if they pull it off, I have decided against playing the demo, just gonna wait it out until the full version.
Flake

Post by Flake »

AppleQueso wrote:You've already preordered it? That's dangerous.

I got stuck in the Sonic Cycle a long time ago - there's not really any hope for me.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

emwearz wrote:After playing Sonic Color's I actually think this can be pretty good if they pull it off, I have decided against playing the demo, just gonna wait it out until the full version.

For what its worth, I played the demo when it was available and I loved it.

Its not 100% like the originals, but its so close you can taste it.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah, definitely planning on playing this and Colors someday myself.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I found out a while back that Europe is getting an exclusive special edition of the game, complete with a fancy pants statue and art book and such.

I don't normally go for that stuff, but this time, I'm jealous.

Release it here Sega! I'll buy it!