Ghost in the Shell PS1 Covers

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
Michi
Next-Gen

Ghost in the Shell PS1 Covers

Post by Michi »

I don't really like posting new things because it makes me feel like I'm begging for information, but after a few days of fruitless searching I'll make an exception.

When I buy games I usually like to buy complete because it helps with stacking and my ocd need to organize, but I have some older games that are disk only and for those I scour the net for front and back covers for them, as many of you do also. And while just having the front and back covers are fine, I also like to find the inside-back cover for my cd based games. Most of the time this isn't a problem and I can find them myself, but I'm having trouble finding the inside-back cover for Ghost in the Shell for the PS1.

I've found rather large, decently sized scans of the front and back covers, but i can't find the inside-back for the life of me. Honestly, I'm not even sure what it's supposed to look like. All I can tell you is that I wasn't having this much trouble trying to find the same thing for Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure :? . All of my known resources have sadly failed me.

So I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask everybody here if they perhaps knew somewhere to look that I hadn't checked yet. The Cover Project rarely has such things (and in this case didn't even have the cover) and all the other sites I've gone to that usually at least give me a small scan to go by have nothing. Any and all new resources are appreciated.

And on the off chance you have the game and would be willing to scan it in for me, that would be greatly appreciated too, though I'm by no means asking you to take apart your cases if you don't want too. All I'm asking is to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks for any help
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Ghost in the Shell PS1 Covers

Post by Hobie-wan »

The inside is a fuchikoma 'face' and some information for a tips line. I can scan mine later once I dig my scanner out. If I haven't done it by Sunday night, PM me to remind me I've procrastinated too much. :)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Hobie, can you post the scans, I am curious too what the book looks like.

More stuff to do for the Ghost Shell collector
With a cheat cart such as the PSX Gamehunter cart, all the screenshots including game complete screens can be viewed. Hooked up to a capture card and save as JPGs as wallpaper.
Attachments
PSX Gamehunter Menu.jpg
PSX Gamehunter Menu.jpg (35.06 KiB) Viewed 4042 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

CRTGAMER wrote:More stuff to do for the Ghost Shell collector
With a cheat cart such as the PSX Gamehunter cart, all the screenshots including game complete screens can be viewed. Hooked up to a capture card and save as JPGs as wallpaper.

There are programs that will let you view them on your PC so you don't have to settle for a blurry capture.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Argh, apparently my scanner has managed to get dusty on the inside and I really don't feel like disassembling it right now to clean the glass on both sides. Here's a 150 DPI scan though. Hopefully that will do, at least for now.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Hobie-wan wrote:Argh, apparently my scanner has managed to get dusty on the inside and I really don't feel like disassembling it right now to clean the glass on both sides. Here's a 150 DPI scan though. Hopefully that will do, at least for now.

:shock: :mrgreen: Bless you Hobie! I honestly didn't think anyone would reply quite so fast. Thank you! Now I just have to find the rest of the cover for Syndicate Wars and my quest shall be complete.

And don't worry too much about the dust. Dust really doesn't bother me that much. That's what Photoshop is for :wink: It just means it'll take a little longer for me to print out, but that's all right because I just found out today that I need more ink anyway :lol: I printed out to many photographs and neglected my game collection. Oops.

Edit: Never mind. Just found the inside cover of Syndicate Wars. It's solid black......how original. Oh well. Original it may not be, but easy to duplicate in Photoshop it is.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Glad to help people that say please and thank you. :)
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Hobie-wan wrote:Glad to help people that say please and thank you. :)

Yes. My mother taught me well. :D
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Hobie-wan wrote:There are programs that will let you view them on your PC so you don't have to settle for a blurry capture.
Thanks for posting that scan. :mrgreen:

Besides an Emulator, is there one that will go to the inner workings of the PSX disc? For example jump to the final "reward" picture screen without having to play the game. This is what I was alluding to with the Gamehunter Cart combined with a Capture Card.

I should try this out with the PSX SVideo Cable, maybe a still shot might at least give a decent 640x480 JPG? Interested in a PC program that will directly view the individual unconverted graphic files as Game Hunter does.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

CRTGAMER wrote:Besides an Emulator, is there one that will go to the inner workings of the PSX disc? For example jump to the final "reward" picture screen without having to play the game. This is what I was alluding to with the Gamehunter Cart combined with a Capture Card.

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil.html

There are a couple of them there.