Heroes of the Storm - Beta Codes and Discussion

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Heroes of the Storm - Beta Codes and Discussion

Post by noiseredux »

I feel like I'm pretty casual about it. It's a game that I can log into, clear out a Daily Quest, and then move onto something else for the night. So it's not my main focus game nowadays, but it is something I consistently play and try to keep up w/ all the news, additions, etc on it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

just hit level 35. I would talk about this game A LOT... like daily if anyone else was playing it, haha.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

PSA: all heroes are unlocked this weekend.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

well it's been just about a year now, and this is still one of my favorite games. I'm level 38.

Jaina is still my favorite, with Lt. Morales a close second. I actually think I'm probably a better Morales player to be honest. Last night a teammate told me that I "rule" haha.

I also enjoy Sylvanas a lot, although with her I feel like I'm sort of meh when the game starts and then I'm far more competent as I level her up. I suppose the same could be said for Tyrael.

For a longtime Nova had been intimidating to me. I'd tried her quite a few times and the end result was never pretty. But now she's finally clicking with me and I'm walking away from most matches w/ ~10 kills to my name. Starting to really see how awesome she is if you have some idea of how to play her.

I just purchased Tracer - I had been saving up Gold for the weeks leading up to her release - but I haven't actually tried her out yet.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

noiseredux wrote:I just purchased Tracer - I had been saving up Gold for the weeks leading up to her release - but I haven't actually tried her out yet.

says that guy that didn't realize that Blizzard was giving him Tracer for free with his preorder of Overwatch. :?

#HOTSproblems
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I've recently fallen back into the game, and it's so much fun!

I mostly main Stitches and Azmodan, and also Tassadar a little bit. I'm gonna start trying to branch out into other heroes though. Jaina is really fun, and because this game doesn't have item builds to worry about, I don't feel as scared to play high DPS characters like I am in Dota or LoL. There just isn't that same pressure to grind effectively because you all level up at once.

Also, I know some people hate it, but I love the comeback mechanics. I had a game earlier with a really grouchy, bellend Zeratul, who was being such a pessimist since we failed the first two objectives. I told him not to worry about it because our team composition was better, and we ended up winning that game like 15 minutes later. It's just never a done deal that you might as well surrender or wait out in this game, and coming from Dota, that's SO refreshing.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Jaina's my favorite. But I'm also having a blast with Nova lately.

Partridge, if I end up being around tonight I'll hop and use Lt. Morales - that way we can buddy up in-lane and you can experiment w/ Jaina knowing I got your back with the heals.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

I have almost tried this out a few times now. I have successfully avoided MOBAs thus far :lol:
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Stopped by Gamestop today to look at the physical copy of Overwatch, and saw that they had a HotS starter pack marked down to 8.50. Scooped up that bad boy.

It comes with Zagora, Jaina, Li Li, Zeratul, and Sonya, in addition to a Zeratul skin and a special mount. A real bargain considering how much those heroes cost in game.

Anyway, as a result I have a extra codes for Jaina (coincidentally enough) and Li Li. Just shoot me a PM if you want one :3
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Yeah I got that when it came out and it was well worth the money at $20.