Keeping games you don't like to have a better collection?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
flamepanther
Next-Gen

Re: Keeping games you don't like to have a better collection?

Post by flamepanther »

I have a weakness for buying NES/Famicom ports of arcade games, even if they're awful. I've got both the Sunsoft and Tengen versions of Fantasy Zone, even though the Tengen version is awful in comparison. NES version of NARC... Famicom version of Space Harrier... it's pretty sad.

I've also got MegaMan X 6 and X 7 for my PS2 just to complete the series.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

I wouldn't say I keep games to have a 'better collection', but I still have things I won't play, or won't play again. I have a fair number of games I thought I wanted after reading reviews and things, only to find I didn't like them all that much as well. A lot of it is marked on my rough trade list, but I really ought to add them to a real sell/trade thread so I can move them as I have mostly made some go away by piping up when someone is looking for a specific game or when I'm
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Count me in this group, if only for Metal Gear Solid (never got into the game). But really, what kind of sorry PS1 collection lacks that game (an RPG only one maybe)?

And being a crazy Sega fan, I'm sure that I have some unnecessary carts and CDs there. Not an Out of this World fan, but have Heart of the Alien (SCD). Who knows though, maybe one day it'll grow on me.
...just another lost soul...
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Being an avid Gamecube collector, I feel obligated to get the Resident Evil games for the system. However, I don't really like the Survival Horror genre at all, and as it stands, all the RE Gamecube games are expensive, so I am in a real predicament. While I am interested in the graphical prowess shown in the RE GC games, I scare very easily, which pulls me away from the games.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
girlracer
Next-Gen

Post by girlracer »

I have a huge problem with this. i'm sorry but i'm not a shumps or rpg person at all, yet i tend to pick up games cheaply, but my collector side can't let them go.
thelolotov
32-bit

Post by thelolotov »

dsheinem wrote:Like many of you, I have both a "gamer" side and a "collector" side. Ideally they coincide, but not always. My gamer side seeks out games I will enjoy playing and be happy to own, but sometimes my collector side will pick something up that is supposed to be a great game, rarity, or an "important" title. The problem is that I usually find myself holding on to these games even if, after playing them, I don't really care for them.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes.....

Alien 3, Kirby's Avalanche, and a couple PS2 and GC games.
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

*joins the club*

I recently cut off the madden games and a few PC games from my collection, but there's no way I'll be able to bring myself to sell a cart or console game. Whatever. I just have to make sure I'll buy something I know I will enjoy at least a little bit.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

I think this is definitely the case when it comes to me and my Sega Saturn collection.

As some of you may be willing to admit, the Saturn does in fact have a lot of shitty games (Battle Monsters instantly rings a bell) and I tend to keep those games for novelty and to accentuate my list of Sega Saturn games in general. Obviously, the Saturn didn't have a super big library (in the U.S. anyway). So I suppose I hold on to them to keep me from saying.. gulp.. that it really wasn't that great of a system? *Looks around room. Awaits retaliation*

I am also a completist, as well. Mostly with EA sports titles for some reason. Like I'll buy all the NHL Hockey, NBA Live, Madden, Fifa games just to have them all. Not sure why I do it. Maybe because most of them can be picked up for next to nothing after a couple years? I dunno.

HOWEVER, with most of my other systems... I usually re-sell or sometimes just throw away the crappy games that I've gotten for mega cheap. I happen to remember the days when renting a video game would typically cost around $3. So if I can pickup a video game now for a dollar and it ain't worth shit then I might just toss it in the garbage - easy come, easy go
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

I used to be that way, but I got rid of a lot of the crappy games and kept the ones that I think are worth keeping. I am just running out of room. The only big collection I have that includes some craptastic games is my Famicom collection.
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Post by SwooshBear »

I feel like im starting to turn into a person like that. There are many games on my want list that i have never played or dont like that much but want to make my collection look better (pilotwings, kid icarus, metroid prime, castlevania SOTN, etc)
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742