Sonic Generations

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Sonic Generations

Post by Xeogred »

Damn I still need to get this, so glad to hear it's awesome from just about everyone.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Xeogred wrote:Damn I still need to get this, so glad to hear it's awesome from just about everyone.

I don't think I'd describe it as "awesome".

Maybe "Mega Awesome-tacular", but not "awesome".
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
LoneCynic
32-bit

Post by LoneCynic »

I'm curious how far each of you played into the game before it hit you, as in you realized to yourself, "Oh my gosh, they actually got it right this time!" At what level/moment did you just get sucked in and knew you were on board and in it for the duration?

For me, it was the first time I played Sky Sanctuary Act II, that music from Sonic & Knuckles, revamped, and Sonic just drops in from the top on a rail and dashes right into a classic zone re-imagined in 3D. That was the moment I realized the game was more than just off to a good start, but that it was actually a complete and faithful homage while offering a totally new experience at the same time. I knew then I was sticking with it until the end.
Flake

Post by Flake »

LoneCynic wrote:I'm curious how far each of you played into the game before it hit you, as in you realized to yourself, "Oh my gosh, they actually got it right this time!" At what level/moment did you just get sucked in and knew you were on board and in it for the duration?

For me, it was the first time I played Sky Sanctuary Act II, that music from Sonic & Knuckles, revamped, and Sonic just drops in from the top on a rail and dashes right into a classic zone re-imagined in 3D. That was the moment I realized the game was more than just off to a good start, but that it was actually a complete and faithful homage while offering a totally new experience at the same time. I knew then I was sticking with it until the end.

Rooftop Run. That's when I fell in love.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

For me it may have been a boss fight rather than a level. This is just so perfect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQVS31uSt70

That just feels like something Sega would have designed back in Sonic's 2D glory days
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Hell, I knew it the moment I played the 2 week demo months before the game even came out. :wink:
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

LoneCynic wrote:I'm curious how far each of you played into the game before it hit you, as in you realized to yourself, "Oh my gosh, they actually got it right this time!" At what level/moment did you just get sucked in and knew you were on board and in it for the duration?

In the first demo, once I spin dashed and went faster than I ever did on the Genesis games.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
abeaver
16-bit

Post by abeaver »

I actually hated that demo for some reason. Was it ever confirmed that the demo had glitches and problems not present in the final version? I constantly ran into problems. Or maybe it was just my attitude towards it, I don't know. However, I did buy the game and now I love it. I personally think the levels get better in general as the game progresses. I also knew I loved it when I got to Sky Sanctuary Act 2. It's a great stage with so many interesting shortcuts. After pretty much beating it 100% I only have a few problems with it. Firstly, I think City Escape was way too short. I can beat Act 2 so fast that one forth of the stage is just running from the truck, which was thrilling and awesome the first time, but just becomes a drag after a while. Also, while the hub world is kind of cool, a list where I could view what challenges I've completed and the ranks I got would have been much more convenient and practical, like SA2's stage select. I also would have liked to see the shields being used as power-ups in Classic Sonic's stages instead of abilities you have to unlock and equip. One thing I noticed recently while playing Sonic games is that Super Sonic isn't as fun as I remember it to be. It's great that the team was considerate enough to include it for the people that missed having it, but I realized that for me, it just takes the fun out of the game.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

The game lags occasionally on a Geforce 560 Ti, no wonder my laptop couldn't handle it. Lazy porting by Sega, this game shouldn't require such computing power to run smoothly.

But now I can play it at an almost-constant 60fps with AA and no tearing. It's awesome!
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Pulsar_t wrote:The game lags occasionally on a Geforce 560 Ti, no wonder my laptop couldn't handle it. Lazy porting by Sega, this game shouldn't require such computing power to run smoothly.

I won't even bother trying to run it on my GT 520, then. What's with console-to-PC porting and it usually being lazy?
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.