SRPGs - Where to Start?

Level up here
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: SRPGs - Where to Start?

Post by Exhuminator »

Jmustang1968 wrote:Have you played 2?

Not yet. I figured it was just as overrated as the first game so I put it on the back burner.

How are the Game Gear games?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Exhuminator wrote:

Not yet. I figured it was just as overrated as the first game so I put it on the back burner.

Same shopping, but they cut out all the town stuff, it's just battles with a break in between to save a shop from a menu.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

2 Is a big improvement. A lot more characters to collect which you can miss, they improved the menu system and made it move more quickly (if you are in front of an object you can interact with, a single button push does the appropriate action instead of having to navigate a menu) and tons of secrets. It is a lot more fun with better music, art and story.

As for the Game Gear ones, skip them and just find yourself a copy of Shining Force CD on the Sega CD. It is the Game Gear games plus more!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Exhuminator wrote:

I wouldnt say the first is overrated. 2 and 3 are often cited as being better than 1, 1 is just where it started.

Game Gear games are on the Sega CD version. And there is a non localized but fan translated prequel to SF2 on GG as well. The Sega Cd/GG games are a direct sequel to the first. They are about on par with SF1 but without exploration.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

The shops are already a pain in the ass in SF1.

Also, I picked up Fire Emblem Awakening today!
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:As for the Game Gear ones, skip them and just find yourself a copy of

CRYSTAL WARRIORS