What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
mjmjr25

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by mjmjr25 »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:I desperately wish I could be flirtatious.

I'm too quiet. Not awkward but I don't always find any words to say. Better than saying something stupid I guess.

Dorm life is surprisingly lonely thus far.

One of the easiest things to do in the world is smile.
The easiest way to flirt when you're just not sure what to say is to smile.

It doesn't take any thinking and if the gal isn't responsive - you're not being a shmuck, yr just smiling.

Smile :D
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Yes yes yes. If you're in dorm life, leave your door propped open constantly. That's what my roommate and I did, and within the first couple weeks, our room became one of 2 on the floor to hang out in, and it was always a good time. If people slow down in front of your door and you notice them, smile and wave.

Hell, probably my favorite story about that is that one of the other buildings was having a fire drill and this guy and girl go walking past my door. I smiled and waved, they said hey, came in, sat down, we chatted for like a good half hour or so, the dude eventually goes "Well, our building's probably done with the fire drill, we should probably go back. My name's Jake, by the way" and holds out his hand. I shake his hand while going "I'm Dave" and his girlfriend is busy being mortified in the corner just kinda squeaking out "OhmygodIthoughtyouknewhimI'msoembarassseeeedddd" as we were having a good laugh and Jake was like "What? He was cool, what's wrong?"

Guy ended up being one of the original founders of collegehumor.com. Wish I had actually kept in touch with him rather than just running into him on campus from time to time.

EDIT:

:( Tonight's the last night for one of my favorite people at work. But :) she's leaving to become a cop, so there's a good chance I'll still at least hear her voice at work once she's done training!
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

Smiling is weird face-yoga.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:During my first week as a sophomore in college I thought it would be amusing to go see who was inhabiting the room I lived in my freshman year.

It was this cute blonde girl. I ended up marrying her.

So yeah, get yourself out there.

That is awesome.

mjmjr25 wrote:One of the easiest things to do in the world is smile.
The easiest way to flirt when you're just not sure what to say is to smile.

It doesn't take any thinking and if the gal isn't responsive - you're not being a shmuck, yr just smiling.

Smile :D

And this is great advice.

I must admit that I too have always been unaware when someone is genuinely flirting with me. I never get it until after they are gone and someone else points it out to me. Ah well.

----------
I have a "ticked off" to submit, sorry guys.

I really messed myself up today. Short story short, a 230 pound crate was dropped on my finger. We were moving it off a dock and into a van, and it slipped down and smashed me on the way.

So my finger is broken. I had to get 5 stitches to close it up because it was pounded flat and sliced open (the "meat" was exposed and coming out of the side, very attractive). The nail was destroyed and may or may not grow back, and the nailbed was cut open as well, so some of the stitches come up through where my nail used to be, which was freaking weird to look at. Got a tetanus shot too, and I'm wearing a splint, which makes it hard to type.

I've had worse Fridays! :lol:

Could have been a lot worse actually. It hurts and all, but it didn't get pulverized.

After all, its my clicking/shooting finger. I need that!
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Address long standing identity issues and you'll be smiling in no time!

WORKED4ME

also holy shit @ the broken finger, OUCH.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

AppleQueso wrote:Address long standing identity issues and you'll be smiling in no time!

WORKED4ME

Can confirm the validity of this method. :3
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

Ticked :x : Best Buy cancelled my Majora's Mask edition N3DS. I only ordered one. For myself. As in: Not to scalp. Fuck you, Best Buy! Seriously.

Super TICKED :evil: : My job is in jeopardy because the owner hired his daughter-in-law as CFO, and she wants to personally oversee all IT operations. This means that I have received notice that my position will be relocated 2 hours north of where I currently live. I can either accept the position, with no extra compensation, and trek 2 hours up and 2 hours back 5 times a week, or be laid off and collect unemployment. I have 30 days to find a new job, and 7 days to formally commit to a decision. Ballz.

Smile :D : Reading a bunch of random RB posts today made me realize how much I've missed this community. Gonna try to stop lurking so much and start posting actively again.
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

@CFFJR OUCH! May your finger heal and you kill mecha-Hitler again my friend.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Stark wrote:@CFFJR OUCH! May your finger heal and you kill mecha-Hitler again my friend.

:lol:

Thank you Stark!
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Wow, this thread moves so fast. I'm still watching that "Camera Bugged" episode of TMNT.