IGN's Awesomely Rare Nintendo Artifacts Video

Post game-related video clips here
8bit
Next-Gen

IGN's Awesomely Rare Nintendo Artifacts Video

Post by 8bit »

Enjoy this cool video showcasing some of Nintendo's history and rare items.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/18/13 ... -artifacts

I believe them when they say you will never again see a boxed copy of stadium events and the gold world championship cart sitting next to each other. Pretty damn cool but I think I'd rather have that beautiful original NES with Rob display.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: IGN's Awesomely Rare Nintendo Artifacts Video

Post by Hobie-wan »

Eh, cool stuff for sure, but that's totally feeding into the "OMG my old game stuff is worth millions" cluelessness with the way the pricey items are talked about.
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

I will agree that when they said "if you have this then you are rich" about earthbound that was a bit much (read:idiotic) but otherwise they showcased some rather interesting stuff. I had never seen that flashy N64 sign, the original ROB display case (i assumed was a store display somewhere), and pre-NES Nintendo toys.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

8bit wrote:I will agree that when they said "if you have this then you are rich" about earthbound that was a bit much (read:idiotic) but otherwise they showcased some rather interesting stuff. I had never seen that flashy N64 sign, the original ROB display case (i assumed was a store display somewhere), and pre-NES Nintendo toys.

Yeah I rolled my eyes when he started talking about earthbound as well.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Fragems wrote:
8bit wrote:I will agree that when they said "if you have this then you are rich" about earthbound that was a bit much (read:idiotic) but otherwise they showcased some rather interesting stuff. I had never seen that flashy N64 sign, the original ROB display case (i assumed was a store display somewhere), and pre-NES Nintendo toys.

Yeah I rolled my eyes when he started talking about earthbound as well.

On the NWC and Stadium Fitness, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some crazy person on Nintendo Age has both. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the stuff that was on display there was on loan from some Nintendo Ager. The Earthbound had price stickers on it, so it wasn't a copy being displayed by Nintendo Itself where they'd kept one.

I'm pretty sure I saw that huge ROB display at Toys R Us back in the day.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Hobie-wan wrote:
On the NWC and Stadium Fitness, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some crazy person on Nintendo Age has both. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the stuff that was on display there was on loan from some Nintendo Ager. The Earthbound had price stickers on it, so it wasn't a copy being displayed by Nintendo Itself where they'd kept one.

I'm pretty sure I saw that huge ROB display at Toys R Us back in the day.

Loved his price estimate on NWC and Stadium Fitness $30-70k enough of a range there :P.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Very cool, and im jealous ill never see/touch, or own any of that stuff in real life.