Has a video game ever made you shed a tear?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Has a video game ever made you shed a tear?

Post by noiseredux »

I didn't find it sad because I was attached to the character. I found the situation sad.
A child losing his mother is sad. I wasn't attached to Bambi's mom either BTW. :P
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

Mufasa>Bambi
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
Ack

Post by Ack »

Menegrothx wrote:Mufasa>Bambi

Well yeah, Mufasa was an adult lion voiced by James Earl Jones. Bambi is a baby deer. Or do you mean Bambi's mother?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Menegrothx wrote:Mufasa>Bambi

I just hear that name and I shudder! Say it again!

The Last of Us intro made me well up for sure.
Could be worse if you have kids.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Sasha_Blue
64-bit

Post by Sasha_Blue »

The Walking Dead
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I'm wathing a let's play (no commentary) and I've already shed some tears.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Stark wrote:The Last of Us intro made me well up for sure.
Could be worse if you have kids.

Yup...I was taken aback by the start of that one.
itsumokiisu

Post by itsumokiisu »

Gamerforlife wrote:Image

Thankfully someone mentioned this game. This was the most emotional experience I've ever had with a game, and I play emotional games frequently. Love visual novels. Still, I cried for no less than a half hour the first time I finished this game. And I cried the second time. And the third time. My god that game is fantastic.

No other games have made me outright cry. Though a tear or two may have been shed during several games. Persona 3 is one that comes to mind. Especially a few of the social links. Also, 999.
SNKnicotine
128-bit

Played a game so good that it made you sad, when you beat it

Post by SNKnicotine »

Last night I beat The Last of Us (TLOF)
:cry: with a short but sweet ending the game was done. I found myself saddened by the sudden end and wished I could of spent more time with the protagonists (specially Ellie, she my favorite character) Or at least been assured that she lived a “happily ever after” ending. Throughout the game I felt like as if I was bonding with the characters and could almost feel the desperation they felt during the gun fights, and many "last" stands they had with the infected. The worlds were lush and colorful, Joel and Ellie bonded and interacted with each other in a way that outlined the strength and bonds love make between two individuals. Therefore when the credits rolled I felt as if, a friend had left me without closure.

Have you ever had a game that made you sad, after you beating it?
Klassic PlastiK @ youtube.com/KlassicplastiK
Currently playing:Super Smash bros.(4)(3DS/WiiU)
Currently reading: Batman: Death of a Family
AppleQueso wrote:You can't even pronounce "RPG" or "FPS" like you can "Shmup"
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
"Shmup" is far more elegant!
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Re: Played a game so good that it made you sad, when you bea

Post by Menegrothx »

Planescape: Torment and Persona 3/4 I guess. More so in P3 and PS:T
Main character dies/goes to hell, respectively

It's mostly due to the excellent writing (PS:T is the best written RPG of all time, and both Persona games had so good characters and writing that it made me care about all the high school shenanigans and slice of life stuff those games had, in most similiar games that kind of stuff would be extremely tedious). All games had good voice actors, but in Persona 3&4 good voice acting really helped in growing an emotional bond between me and them, even though both of those games had some obnoxiously voice acted female characters. I didn't really feel same way about other Shin Megami Tensei games I've played (Nocturne/Lucifer's call&Digital Devil Saga 1&2), because they focused more on the dark mood and turn based combat, which is fine.

Most RPGs aim to have an emotional ending like that, but those 3 are the only ones were I felt "sad" to say goodbye to my party members (there are other RPGs with emotional endings though, like Ultima 5). I haven't played the Baldur's gate 1&2-saga till the end though, so that might make it to my list when I some day finish those games as a whole, I've heard that the party member writing&interaction in them is great.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box