Lucky Hit: Gaming Comedy show

Post game-related video clips here
GagaMan
128-bit

Lucky Hit: Gaming Comedy show

Post by GagaMan »

A bunch of friends of mine started up a gaming comedy/review show on Youtube a little while ago, which I came up with the name of and designed the logo for. I'm also planning to contribute in later episodes. So far there are 3 episodes (split into two 15-20 minute chunks each).

http://www.youtube.com/user/LuckyHitSeries

Episode 1 has mostly Mega Drive reviews, such as Asterix and the Great Rescue (the title music of which is the show theme tune), Gauntlet IV, Fire Shark and Alex Kidd and the Enchanted Castle.

Episode 2has Stranglehold, Sleeping Dogs, X Wing Vs TIE Fighter, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Tom trying to be Sonic.

The latest episode, a Eurogamer Expo special, was the first episode I appear in (maybe too much, actually!) and I also edited the whole video together. We play hell Yeah, the Cave, Devil May Cry, Forza Horizon, Saturn Bomberman and many more and tour the whole thing including the retro and indie game areas.

Posted here as I want to get some opinions on what we have done so far, and also of course to spread some awareness about of it, as it's just getting started. Any advice on what we could do for later episodes would be great.
Lazer
64-bit

Re: Lucky Hit: Gaming Comedy show

Post by Lazer »

I watched the first episode. I thought it was pretty darn funny, well-edited and written. Judging by the one episode, I think it has potential (in addition to already being good). I will definitely watch the other episodes, having enjoyed the first.
You know what makes me like it? That you guys are British. For some reason that makes it much more likable for me. You do the dry-humor bit pretty well. I like the branches-in-the-face bit in the beginning. The "I'm in a big car spinning around" song is made me laugh.
I wonder if future episodes will be more story-based with video games being the underlying theme (like "the League" is with fantasy football perhaps?) or will it stay more disconnected, variety-show type bits? Anyway, I'll watch more.
Thanks for sharing!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

♪♫♫♪♫ I'm in a pink car, baby ♪♫♫♪♫
GagaMan
128-bit

Post by GagaMan »

Lazer wrote:I wonder if future episodes will be more story-based with video games being the underlying theme (like "the League" is with fantasy football perhaps?) or will it stay more disconnected, variety-show type bits? Anyway, I'll watch more.
Thanks for sharing!

A bit of both really. We have some more plot driven episodes planned but for now we're sticking to getting the reviews and smaller gags down.
Lazer
64-bit

Post by Lazer »

Cool, I think some more plot-driven episodes would be interesting. It seems to be a natural progression that happens with some shows.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
GagaMan
128-bit

Post by GagaMan »

Hello again!
We've finally got a majority of our favorite games of 2012 videos up on the channel, including my part which is here.

It features Skullgirls, Big Sky Infinity, Sega Vintage Collection, Sonic Transformed and Tokyo Jungle. If you ever saw my old video reviews on the Dreamcast Junkyard blog the reviews are similar in style to those. If you have 22 minutes to spare please check it out.