18%
I don't!
82%

Total votes: 11

REPO Man
Next-Gen

REPO! The Genetic Opera

Post by REPO Man »

I've been waiting since I think March to see it. I played the hell out of the first trailer on my PSP, which I DL'ed from YouTube. Since then, I've procured both trailers from the official site, with Firefox's "Download Helper". These trailers actually are a higher quality than the YouTube DL's, and it looks better on the PSP.

But now, it's been bumped from August (originally April) to November, when it will receive a LIMITED release, followed by a January DVD release. WTF, Lionsgate? And this is exactly what they're doing with Midnight Meat Train, another gr8 movie being denied the release it deserves simply because of internal politics.

For those who don't know, it "is a rock musical movie directed by Darren Lynn Bousman. Originally planned for an April 25 release date, it has since been reported that it will instead be set for a limited theatrical release starting November 7, 2008. The film is based on a play written and composed by Darren Smith and Terrance Zdunich.", quoting Wikipedia.

The plot (quoting again from Wikipedia) is this:

An epidemic of organ failures devastates the planet. Panic erupts and scientists feverishly make plans for a massive organ harvest. Out of the tragedy, GeneCo, a multi-billion dollar biotech company, emerges. GeneCo provides organ transplantation for a profit. In addition to financing options, GeneCo reserves the right to implement default remedies, including repossession. For those who can't keep up with their organ payments, collection is the responsibility of "organ repo men", skilled assassins contracted by GeneCo, ordered to recover GeneCo's property by any means necessary.

At the heart of the story is Shilo Wallace (Alexa Vega), a 17 year-old girl with a rare blood disease. She has been kept locked up and protected in her house, where she is guarded from the outside world by her father, Nathan Wallace (Anthony Head). While Shilo struggles with her wish to leave the house and experience the outside world, Nathan struggles with his secret job as the Repo Man, and more specifically, his next target, a woman named Blind Mag (Sarah Brightman). Blind Mag, an opera singer, was a friend of Nathan's now-deceased wife, and is Shilo's godmother.

The Largo family, consisting of GeneCo president Rotti (Paul Sorvino), his daughter Amber (Paris Hilton), and his two sons Luigi and Pavi (Bill Moseley and Nivek Ogre, respectively), have their own plans. Rotti is dying, and the three siblings bicker and fight about who is to take the role as head of GeneCo. But, disappointed with his own children, Rotti takes an interest in Shilo.

The stories intertwine and merge at the GeneCo opera.

The cast includes:

* Alexa Vega as Shilo Wallace, a young woman condemned to her room due to the blood disorder she inherited from her mother.
* Paul Sorvino as Rotti Largo, the dying president of GeneCo.
* Paris Hilton as Amber Sweet, the surgery-addicted daughter of Rotti.
* Bill Moseley as Luigi Largo, the eldest son of Rotti, described as being angry.
* Anthony Head as Nathan Wallace, a father to Shilo and a widower, having lost his wife Marni. He doubles as a legal assassin known as the Repo Man.
* Sarah Brightman as Blind Mag, born blind but given the ability to see by GeneCo at the price of having to sing for the GeneCo Opera. She is marked for repossession and she is set to deliver her final performance for the company.
* Nivek Ogre as Pavi Largo, the younger son of Rotti, described as vain, dim-witted, and effeminate. He wears women's faces as masks.
* Terrance Zdunich as the Grave-Robber, a Zydrate-peddler with connections to Amber.

You can find some trailers, info, et cetera right here, on the movie's main site.

And if you go here and type in the secret password "geneco" (lowercase, no quotes), you can listen to and download a "Pre-Surgery Sampler", which is 7 tracks from the soundtrack due to be released at the end of September. The tracks are:

1 - A New World Organ (a simple intro, lasting only a few seconds)
2 - At the Opera Tonight (the same song, albeit longer, that played in the earliest trailer, back when its release date was back in April)
3 - Zydrate Anatomy (sung by Grave-Robber, about the drug Zydrate taken by people prior to surgery)
4 - Night Surgeon (sung by the Largo men, a female chorus, and mysel... I mean Nathan Wallace)
5 - Chase the Morning (a Shilo/Blind Mag duet)
6 - Seventeen (a short punk rock song sung by Shiloh about her rebelling against her father)
7 - Genetic Emanipation (another song sung by Shiloh)
Last edited by REPO Man on Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

Post by AwesomeMonstar »

Why are you spamming for a movie in a retro games forum? Come on, there had to be much better places to do this... :roll: You could at least not make this your first post.

Edit: then again, as i can see by many of the recent posts on this site, at least you're trying to be a part of this site. still though...
Don't that just look oh so tasty?
NES-GB-GENESIS-SNES-GBC-32X-SATURN-3DO-N64-DREAMCAST-GBA-PS2-XBOX-GAMECUBE-DS-PSP-WII-360
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

AwesomeMonstar wrote:Why are you spamming for a movie in a retro games forum? Come on, there had to be much better places to do this... :roll: You could at least not make this your first post.

Edit: then again, as i can see by many of the recent posts on this site, at least you're trying to be a part of this site. still though...

Spamming? Dude, you do realize that there are other movie-related posts, don't you? I mean, that's what the "Whatever" section is for... anything that can't fit anywhere else. And this didn't fit anywhere else. Thus, I put it here.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Plus, if nothing else, he did bring up his PSP...

The sad thing is, I was actually hoping his tag came from the old Emilio Estevez film of the same name....
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

Ack wrote:Plus, if nothing else, he did bring up his PSP...

The sad thing is, I was actually hoping his tag came from the old Emilio Estevez film of the same name....

DUDE FUCK YES. now THAT is a movie that we should all be able to get behind.

the part where he's singing tv party outside sitting in the parking lot then throws the beer and gets all fucking pissed is AWESOME.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE. MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

Post by AwesomeMonstar »

REPO Man wrote:
AwesomeMonstar wrote:Why are you spamming for a movie in a retro games forum? Come on, there had to be much better places to do this... :roll: You could at least not make this your first post.

Spamming? Dude, you do realize that there are other movie-related posts, don't you? I mean, that's what the "Whatever" section is for... anything that can't fit anywhere else. And this didn't fit anywhere else. Thus, I put it here.

yes but it's also muchmuch longer than any other movie related post, and your name is in the title of the movie. that makes it a tad shady.
NES-GB-GENESIS-SNES-GBC-32X-SATURN-3DO-N64-DREAMCAST-GBA-PS2-XBOX-GAMECUBE-DS-PSP-WII-360
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

if we don't like it, the thread will get buried on its own.

I'm not closing it because I've seen dumber stuff posted here in this "Whatever" forum.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

this thread is about repo man now.

Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

I've never seen that movie... is it any good?
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

Post by AwesomeMonstar »

aaron wrote:this thread is about repo man now.

my brother has that movie's soundtrack. Man he looked badass on a record cover.
"A repo man is always intense... but only a fool gets killed for a car."