Skyblazer

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Skyblazer

Post by o.pwuaioc »

pakopako wrote:It's still better than paying for Demon's Crest... which I think is the next progression from Hook and Skyblazer.

That sounds about right. I tend to think of Demon's Crest as a cross between Castlevania and Mega Man.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Ziggy587 wrote:I wanna pick up Skyblazer, but all the copies on eBay are $10 and up. :?

I honestly struggle to name a notable game for SNES that isn't $10 and up.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

AppleQueso wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:I wanna pick up Skyblazer, but all the copies on eBay are $10 and up. :?

I honestly struggle to name a notable game for SNES that isn't $10 and up.

Gradius III wasn't last time I checked, although I think prices went up after Together Retro. With that said, I did purchase this game for $10. I'm not too sad about it, although for its obscurity, I would have thought it'd be a bit cheaper.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

I would pay $40 for this game, don't be cheap
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

o.pwuaioc wrote:I did purchase this game for $10. I'm not too sad about it, although for its obscurity, I would have thought it'd be a bit cheaper.

That's exactly what I meant. People in this thread said they picked it up for something like 6 bucks, but $10 is the lowest on eBay.

Bradtemple87 wrote:I would pay $40 for this game, don't be cheap

No, it's not that I'm cheap. Just check out the eBay listings...

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Skyblazer-Super ... ames_Games

There's a BIN for $9.99 plus shipping, but no pic of the cart. The description just says, "Guaranteed to work," but doesn't say anything about the condition of the cart. Then there's a BIN for $11 plus shipping, but as you can see from the pic, the cart is dirty with stickers. I think the cheapest one up there that has a pic of the actual cart is a BIN for $16 shipped. But for a supposedly obscure game that I was expecting to pick up for sub $10, $16 sounds like a lot!
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

You can best offer the $11 guy.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

It wouldn't be worth it. He's charging $5.20 for Parcel Post shipping. A Priority Mail small flat rate box is less than that! Plus, I see he already declined an offer. Assuming the offer declined was reasonable, I doubt he's willing to take much less than $11. So let's say I offered him $9 and he accepted, it'd be $14.20 shipped AND I'd have to spend the time cleaning the cart up. Might as well buy the one for $16 shipped.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Ziggy587 wrote:I was just watching a gameplay video of this game and noticed something... it looks an awful lot like Hook for the SNES. The animations, level design and game graphics, etc, and definitely the map. Both games are by Sony Imagesoft, I'm guessing they use the same core engine.

And if that's the case, I definitely wanna try this game out because I like Hook. Only thing, I'm guessing this game has no save or password feature? Hook didn't.

There is a password system. From what I recall it's a grid kinda like the Mega Man games.

Some people have commented on the fact that the symbols used in the passwords look a lot like those that would later be found on the PlayStation controller (scroll to the bottom of the page).
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Some people have commented on the fact that the symbols used in the passwords look a lot like those that would later be found on the PlayStation controller (scroll to the bottom of the page).

Oh yeah, I've seen/heard of that before.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I used to have it. I still have the box. It's on my list to get again. Awesome game. Why did I sell it? I was a stupid and poor teenager of course.