R.I.P. Mega Man Universe

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: R.I.P. Mega Man Universe

Post by Bradtemple87 »

:? :? :?
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Flake

Post by Flake »

brunoafh wrote: I think X7-8 and the Battle Network/Star Force series are bigger bastardizations.

Touche. What a sad time for my most beloved childhood franchise when there are so few recent entries that haven't screwed the pooch.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah it's hard to say if this is real or not, guess we'll have to see.

It's sad Inafune couldn't have at least gotten this out before he left, but it sounded like he definitely wanted to leave so it was probably for the best in his case... still a bummer. I think he even kind of gave the team his blessings about the project after leaving Capcom.
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

Even as a fan of the series, I'm really not sad to see this one go down (assuming this news is accurate). I just thought it looked cheap and poorly conceived, and I generally try not to describe Mega Man games that way.
AdamGomez1987
128-bit

Post by AdamGomez1987 »

Before I discovered emulators, I would be in my room with the NES working rigorously playing the original Megaman and it wouldn't be long before I would try to go on a rampage playing Megaman 1 all the way to Megaman 8.

When Megaman 9 came out, I was in little nerd heaven and my room was locked up. Both 9 and 10 were extremely hard!

Eversince Keiji Inafune the "creator" of megaman got fired, it's as if things have been going down hill ever since. I'll have have to wait for the Island of Dr. Momo til then ;)
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

AdamGomez1987 wrote:Before I discovered emulators, I would be in my room with the NES working rigorously playing the original Megaman and it wouldn't be long before I would try to go on a rampage playing Megaman 1 all the way to Megaman 8.

When Megaman 9 came out, I was in little nerd heaven and my room was locked up. Both 9 and 10 were extremely hard!

Eversince Keiji Inafune the "creator" of megaman got fired, it's as if things have been going down hill ever since. I'll have have to wait for the Island of Dr. Momo til then ;)

It's a mobile game. So I don't have real high hopes for it.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.