Howdy there people!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
halosoul
8-bit

Howdy there people!

Post by halosoul »

Hi there, just joined the forum today,

Really liking the site, really good resource for the retro, one of the best I've found.

Looking forward to many a discussion,

I'm quite into fighting games^^' heres a link to music vid i put togther:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ_xmjFYQTY
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

welcome, Halosoul!
Glad to have a creative member such as yourself.
I really enjoyed that video. If you wouldn't mind sharing some additional info about the video, I'd love to feature it on the blog.

I assume those were all clips from the Playstation versions?

Keep up the good work!
Saraph
64-bit

Post by Saraph »

Looking good, I didnt like the sped up gameplay, and the matches couldve been a lot more flashy. Overall I'd give it a 2 out of 5.
halosoul
8-bit

Post by halosoul »

Cheers for all the comments on the vid, glad ya like it

Yup, it's all PS1 games, I was going to try and use clips from other formats, but I couldn't get my video camera to record off my Dreamcast. As it is, it's all footage I recorded myself of me playing the games. Just put it together for a bit of fun. The music's Dragonforce, Through the Fire and Flames, used i-movie to make it.

I've been collecting fighting games for the the PS1 and DC for a while now. There's bits from Tekken 2 & 3 in there, Guilty Gear, Tobal No.1, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (off the street fighter collection) Street Fighter EX 2 Plus, Capcom Vs SNK Pro, SF Alpha 2 Dash, Rival Schools, Soul Blade, DarkStalkers 3 and Real Bout Fatal Fury, I think that's all of them^^'

Kinda tured out like a nice showcase for some of the really great fighting games that are available for the PS1 I think. Perhaps in the future, if I can sort it out I'd like to have a go at a DC version.

Thanks again for looking^^
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

i-movie or iMovie?
Saraph
64-bit

Post by Saraph »

Street Fighter Alpha 2 Dash? No no, Street Fighter Zero 2 Dash. Sorry, I'm very nit-picky. If you want to expand on this video, perhaps add in some more fighters to showcase what the PSOne recieved in terms of a butchered Capcom library, you should add in Street Fighter Alpha 3 and X-Men Vs. Street Fighter or perhaps show what is actually unique about Marvel Vs. Capcom compared to the arcade perfect Dreamcast version. Throwing in Guilty Gear was fabulous, I doubt many players got to experience that game until Guilty Gear X was released later on the DC and PS2.

Does anyone else have any fond memories of some more obscure Playstation fighters? Perhaps Racketboy should make a blog about it.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Oh I will.... It's on my to-do list :)
halosoul
8-bit

Post by halosoul »

Err... iMovie HD...
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

halosoul wrote:Err... iMovie HD...

I can't wait til I get a Mac so I can play more with iMovie. Even though I'm a technical guy, video editing is just one of those things that I'm glad Apple made a program that is dead simple AND does a great job.