New Forum Themes/Styles Feedback

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: New Forum Themes/Styles Feedback

Post by racketboy »

My goal is to restore the search bar to be in the main RB header that matches the blog/Wordpress like in the old theme
marurun

Post by marurun »

Tested out Milk on mobile and it is WAY too spacious. I like “white space” because it lets things breathe, but mobile Milk overdoes it greatly. The information density is just way too low.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Are you mostly referring to the extra space/border around the message boxes?

I think the compactness of the menus and pagination for Prosilver in mobile is most appreciated on my end.
It makes it so you can not only see both of those messages, but the full header above it.
Attachments
compare2.jpg
compare2.jpg (183.94 KiB) Viewed 273 times
marurun

Post by marurun »

racketboy wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:58 pm Are you mostly referring to the extra space/border around the message boxes?

I think the compactness of the menus and pagination for Prosilver in mobile is most appreciated on my end.
It makes it so you can not only see both of those messages, but the full header above it.
Also talking about when you’re viewing the main forums page. All the topics are just so far apart.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Ah yes, I agree.

Big devleopment for having the main site header added in.
From the devleoper:
"We have the site header added to a child style of Prosilver (Dark Edition), which is named Prosilver (Dark Edition) (Child). Please take look to see if that looks right or if some additional modification needs to be made."

Go ahead and try it out and see what you think!
We can explore the background changes next, but let me know if there are any other high-priority adjustments needed.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Looking good! I really missed not being able to navigate back to the main site from the forum.

I'm still digging Milk though because of the font size.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Well the goal is to apply the header to all the themes so you should be in luck before too long!
Any other revisions in the short term other than the background image?
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Just wanted to chime in after checking out some of these other themes. Overall, I do like the style in Milk, and having the avatars and user info on the left side is awesome. Also, things feel like they have some more breathing room in general.

Really like the Milk theme! However, I'd prefer it be a "light" version with dark text on a lighter color theme.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Note wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:44 pm Just wanted to chime in after checking out some of these other themes. Overall, I do like the style in Milk, and having the avatars and user info on the left side is awesome. Also, things feel like they have some more breathing room in general.

Really like the Milk theme! However, I'd prefer it be a "light" version with dark text on a lighter color theme.
Now that the avatars are bigger, are you going to keep yours as is or upgrade to a larger image?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Note, if you want, here's a resized SOR2 cover that you can use. The height is set to 320 pixels, which is the limit allowed on the forum. If you want it, right-click and save it to your PC, then upload it as your avatar. The alternative would be to link the URL as your avatar, but then when delete it form imgurl you will lose your avatar.