RacketBoy charity auction 2023 call for donations.

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Anapan
Next-Gen

RacketBoy charity auction 2023 call for donations.

Post by Anapan »

Edit @ Nov1 :
Auction start-date will be delayed for a few days. To avoid PayPal's crazy USD-CAD conversion fees experienced last year, I'm setting up a US bank account & attempting to get an ITIN. There will be a few days delay while details are processed. This should allow a problem-free set-up of a USA PayPal account for the auction. It will also offer me a bit more time to finish a couple more items I was unable to get finished. As I'm the only item donor so-far, this delay will make for a better initial auction post/thread.

Added bonus: I should be able to re-join Hulu without getting prematurely cut-off as happened a couple of times previously with prepaid US credit cards.

--------------------------

Hey all, I'm asking for item donations for this year's charity auction.

The RacketBoy Charity Auction has been a tradition since I started participating on the forum around 2009. It has been a place to donate our duplicate or unloved gaming/electronic wares to try to raise funds to benefit an elected charity. I am keeping the tradition alive again because it has consistently been successful in supporting a worthwhile cause.

Please PM me descriptions and pictures of things you wish to donate. You can also specify a minimum starting bid to ensure the value of the item is preserved.

Consider donating small and light items (carts and discs, books and crafts, controllers and handhelds) rather than larger ones as everyone donating is responsible for shipping their donation to the auction winner. This auction is open to any forum member and may involve shipping outside your country. We can help with excessive shipping costs if your item is unexpectedly won by a member outside your country if necessary.

This year we will again be donating the funds raised to The Video Game History Foundation.

The same as last year, I'm planning to post and make it live on Nov 1st, end on Nov 15, and accept item donations up until Nov 13th.

The end time is not set yet, so any input on what ending time would be the most convenient is welcome. I gathered last year that noon central time was not the most ideal for some participants.

I'd also be willing to consider setting the end date to a weekend to allow people to attempt last minute up-bids for possible increased proceeds.

Once it's live, I'd rather not make any changes to the parameters or rules of the auction.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy

Re: RacketBoy charity auction 2023 call for donations.

Post by Ziggy »

BUMP!

I haven't had a chance to donate yet, but I plan to. At least a few small items.
marurun

Post by marurun »

This fall is busy and messy, but I'll look and see if I have anything to donate. I know I've been picking away at my stuff so far so I'm not sure what's left...
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Appreciate the update on this year's charity auction! I'm going to figure out an item or two to donate this weekend.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

New plan is end date Sunday the 19th, cutoff for donations Friday the 17th & start Monday the 6th. Progress is going slow, but my donations are worthwhile.
It's not possible to get a USA credit card in time because my passport expired, and rapid processing of this is too steep for this occasion. Donations this year are in CAD.
Excited that some of the new hardware is running as well as expected.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Sorted out one item for donation, and might try to get another in the next week or so. Will DM you with details, Anapan.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I haven't had a chance to gather and photograph my items yet, but I will soon!

I'm kind of hesitant on a few things... Anyone interested in Gameboy carts? Or how about a Toshiba VHS / DVD recorder?