Who won the PS1 Mini draft?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
RobertAugustdeMeijer
24-bit

Who won the PS1 Mini draft?

Post by RobertAugustdeMeijer »

The four of us, Michael + Minh + Robert + Roy, did a PS1 draft, where we chose 10 games for our fictional mini console. We took turns choosing a game from these categories: shooting, RPG, fighting, platformer, sports, strategy/puzzle, racing, action/adventure, cult, wild card.
Now we just have to determine who won! Would you care to share your top 4? Explanations are appreciated!

Michael:
Quake II
Jade Cocoon
Tekken 2
Spyro The Dragon
Coolboarders 3
Warhammer: Dark Omen
Rage Racer
Spider-Man
PaRappa the Rapper
Countdown Vampires

Minh:
Die Hard Trilogy
Brave Fencer Mushashi
Bushido Blade
Lilo & Stitch
Ready 2 Rumbler Boxing Round 2
UFO: A Day in the Life
R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 (with Ridge Racer hi-spec demo)
Metal Gear Solid
Um Jammer Lammy
Incredible Crisis

Robert:
Einhänder
King's Field III
Darkstalkers 3
Silhouette Mirage
FIFA '98: Road to the World Cup
Kula World
WipEout 3: Special Edition
Syphon Filter
Vib-Ribbon
Policenauts (English translation)

Roy:
Time Crisis (with lightgun that works on flatscreen)
Final Fantasy VII
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Klonoa
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Worms Armageddon
Ridge Racer
Little Big Adventure
Dancing Stage Euromix (with dancing mat)
Heart of Darkness (with 3D glasses)
Note
Next-Gen

Re: Who won the PS1 Mini draft?

Post by Note »

Think I like Roy's list the best, as it contains some of my favorites on the console, including Time Crisis, Klonoa, and FF VII. But your list also has a great selection!

When you mentioned Top 4, do you mean four favorite games out of the list that was drafted?
RobertAugustdeMeijer
24-bit

Thanks Note!
By top 4 I mean top 4 lists. So I figure Roy's is #1 for you and Robert is #2.
Yeah, Roy mostly chose titles he enjoyed way back in the day. My list is mostly hard to play stuff that discovered later.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Robert's list is the only one I feel strongly about, and in part because 3 of the titles he loves are arguably better on Saturn.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I'd say Minh would be more interesting for me. While it's not exactly what I'd go for, it's the list I'd prefer.

Also, Countdown: Vampires, Michael? Really?
RobertAugustdeMeijer
24-bit

marurun wrote:Robert's list is the only one I feel strongly about, and in part because 3 of the titles he loves are arguably better on Saturn.

Yeah, it feels wrong to sell second best versions of them, but there's still no Saturn Mini on the market, so they're still valuable, no?
marurun

Post by marurun »

RobertAugustdeMeijer wrote:
marurun wrote:Robert's list is the only one I feel strongly about, and in part because 3 of the titles he loves are arguably better on Saturn.

Yeah, it feels wrong to sell second best versions of them, but there's still no Saturn Mini on the market, so they're still valuable, no?

You're not pulling a Repo are you? Gonna customize a PS1 Mini for your nibblings but then keep starting over partway through and never actually completing the project?

I would love to see a Saturn mini, but the hardware requirements would just be stupid because even though emulation has improved greatly there's just so much going on that it doesn't work on the cheap.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RobertAugustdeMeijer
24-bit

marurun wrote:
RobertAugustdeMeijer wrote:

You're not pulling a Repo are you? Gonna customize a PS1 Mini for your nibblings but then keep starting over partway through and never actually completing the project?

I would love to see a Saturn mini, but the hardware requirements would just be stupid because even though emulation has improved greatly there's just so much going on that it doesn't work on the cheap.

This is all fictional :)
It's merely a thought experiment/game to talk about old games.
When we get around to fantasizing about the Saturn Mini, it would be a perfect replica, but smaller, and works lag-free on modern televisions. And has Japanese pads.