Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by s1mplehumar »

All this telework has got me beating games again.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Hey! Good to hear from you. Great new avatar, by the way.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

did not know it was a regular
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

Hi simple!

RCBH928 wrote: May I ask if you use your number pad for anything other than punching in numbers say like on a spreadsheet?

Well if you have to type in a lot of numbers it's faster than using the numbers above the qwerty keys. Also, math is faster. Um... pretty much anything you'd use numbers for. :lol:
I don't really use it for gaming except for some really old stuff that used it by default (like 8, 2, 4, 6 would be up, down, left, right). I am not a fan of that control scheme.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Hey guys! It's been too long. :)
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Ack

Post by Ack »

That it has, but you're always welcome to pop your head in.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Those movie/tv studios have been scamming us for years by purchasing $15 and $30 DVDs. A lot of their movie libraries are available on cheap subscription services, some of them are free and ad-funded! I guess they were never worth much. I do remember those $300 boxsets!
marurun

Post by marurun »

Not scamming. The economics of content/information simply change over time. And DVDs must be manufactured and shipped.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

marurun wrote:Not scamming. The economics of content/information simply change over time. And DVDs must be manufactured and shipped.

I always felt the prices were too much and always wondered how much do they actually make on older movies, like how much did the movie studio make from Free Willy in the year 2007? but I bet the DVD was $20-30. They still have to manufacture the dvds now but the prices are way more reasonable, the Full House complete boxset is for $70 on Amazon. $70 for 8 seasons is an extremely valuable purchase.

Unfortunately that time has passed, for $70 I can get access to 7 months of Netflix complete library(which includes Full House) and its much more convenient to switch your tv on and pick up where you last left instead of having to exchange discs and trying to remember which was the last episode you saw.

I am really more of a traditional guy and would rather have the physical format, but not only is the digital much more convenient, cheaper, and save physical storage but the physical medium needs the player which we have learned from history will not be compatible with future devices and will not be in production just like its difficult now to view your VHS and LaserDisc library. Bluray players have hardly seen any advancement, they seem to be on their way out, and I bet they are only kept afloat by Xbox ad PS4 sales. Digital is the safe future proof format, and it will give you exact results since all that a Bluray carries is digital format really, only now you can stream it and make sure it will be transferable to whatever projection device will be in the future with any connector.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

RCBH928 wrote:Unfortunately that time has passed, for $70 I can get access to 7 months of Netflix complete library(which includes Full House) and its much more convenient to switch your tv on and pick up where you last left instead of having to exchange discs and trying to remember which was the last episode you saw.

Yes, I agree, not having to change discs and remembering which was the last episode you watched is a huge bonus. But I'll still buy a series on DVD or Blu Ray if I care about it enough (and know that I'll watch through the series multiple times before I die). Streaming services loose the rights to series all the time, and there's a few that I've noticed that have come and gone. And there's some series that have never been on streaming in the first place.