What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Erik_Twice »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Finished Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade! Review incoming Monday.

I'll check it out, I've been thinking about checkint it out myself.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

So, one of the reasons I've been playing through Sakura Taisen 1 & 2 on the Saturn recently was because I had really wanted to eventually get to Sakura Taisen 3, and I just so happened to finally get the ball rolling by starting up the first game. Now that I've finished Sakura Taisen 2, I can finally green light one of the Dreamcast's 'swansongs' for myself. I probably won't be playing it in earnest just yet, but I did play a little bit past the first eye-catch of the first chapter, just for funsies. It was clear when I started up the second game that it had a much larger budget than first game, because the production values were ratcheted way up. Well, with Sakura Taisen 3, they're out in the stratosphere. It's pretty amazing. I have the Kinematron VMU, which I bought about seven years ago, and it was filled to the brim with someone's old Sakura Taisen 3 save files. I remember loading one up that happened to be in the final battle, I believe, and I was completely blown away by the combat. It was really cool. I didn't play far enough into the first chapter to get to any combat sections, but everything is just so damn clean, and nice to look at. Unfortunately the VO is a bit compressed. It's hard for me to say if it's better or worse than the compression in the second game, which was itself quite a bit worse than the first game. Can't have everything, I guess. I'm not really too happy that all of the main girls are teenagers again, though (except the one from Transylvania--). Oogami is getting older, not younger, so most of them being 16-17 (or 11, again--why!) feels increasingly uncomfortable to me. Also, the main girl is a nun, so-- do the developers not get how that works, or something? Whatever. I completely lost it when the rabbit-person with hedge-clippers, who was introduced just before the eye-catch, showed up. He is ridiculous, and I find the way he speaks to be hysterical.

Also, I'm continuing on with Kino no Tabi on the PS2. I went through Chapter 2, which was a choose your own adventure story. I thought it was going to have more to do with the Illness Country, and maybe it would if I had made different choices, but I ended up getting lost in the woods, and chatting with Shizu, and his talking dog, Riku. It was not especially rewarding. The next chapter, 'Kikyou,' was one I remembered very clearly as a chapter from the novels. It's a really brutal story about this kid who left his home in search of adventure, because he didn't want his mother's life, but after five years of chasing his dreams, he decides to head back home. It's not an uplifting story, but the message is one of those typical sayings like, "Home is where the heart is," and such. Anyway, this prompted me to look at the chapter list for the game a little more closely, and cross reference it with the chapter lists in the novels. I found that all but the bonus chapters, that are included in "bound" form, are chapters from the first six volumes of the novels. The only thing that's really new is what's in the three "adventure" parts. A few of them, like the first chapter, are ones I haven't read, because I only have the first few volumes, but I was a little saddened by that realization. It's cool, I guess. I like them enough that it's worth playing through the game to hear them again. I haven't checked to see if the second game is the same way, or not.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Making some nice steady progress in Sekiro. I'm at a part where there are a few branching paths so I'm not 100% on the "correct" route but it's just fun shinobi-ing around anyway. I will admit I was one of those who fell into the trap of trying to play it like souls early on but now I realise it's more like Tenchu or Ninja Gaiden I've got a better handle on it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Nintendork666 wrote:Just randomly sunk like 10 hours into Skyrim.

Whoops.

That's really easy to do.

Made some progress in FF4 over the weekend. I'm like 25 hrs in now. I'm in the little cave in the southern end of the underworld map. The one where you need the upgraded flying ship to access it. I'm doing a bit of grinding in here to level up the guitar player from U2. I feel like I'm heading into the end of the game, and everyone's around level 50 right now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Alright well, I made it to the moon. I'm definitely not leveled up enough to be there though, so I'm thinking that I'll take a break from FF4 to focus on DQ5 for TR for a while now. This seems like a good stopping point so I can come back to it later.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

gah, Outward and Risk of Rain 2... my poor wallet
must.... finish.. backlog... wait... for... steam... sale
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Nintendork666 wrote:gah, Outward and Risk of Rain 2... my poor wallet
must.... finish.. backlog... wait... for... steam... sale

Ourward is crazy good! A ton of layers and systems players don't fully understand yet (WHAT IS THE LEGACY SYSTEM?!) and a ton of variety. Definitely gonna be playing this again and again.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Still making Dead Cells runs regularly. Also been bouncing between Hollow Knight and Resident Evil 2. Havent had as much game time lately but I've been getting it in when I can.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

Rocksmith is a fun game because you can have a lot of fun playing, your controller is dope because it's literally a guitar, and if you play enough... you can also play guitar.

Best game ever? Arguably so.

This is like when I discovered Playne: The Meditation Game on Steam.

I need things to be game-ified so I learn how to do them, I guess.

I'm a 28 year old toddler.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
Ack

Post by Ack »

It's been sitting in my Steam library for years, so I finally decided I would give the remastered release of BioShock a go. The only changes were to visual elements from what I've read, but since the achievements are also fixed, I figure why not go for them too.

The guns still feel undewhelming and underpowered, just as they did the first time, and I get by more often with stunning and beating folks to death with the wrench. Since I know the big secret of the game, it's also interesting paying attention to the story and how key phrases come into play, but I'll still likely feel like the gameplay following the reveal wastes it when I get to that point.