Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by GSZX1337 »

marurun wrote:It feels like a midway point between the arcade and NES versions.

I like your use of the word midway when talking about arcade conversions. :D

I just finished To The Moon, and man, I've never been so happy to complete a game I found to be a janky mess.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

GSZX1337 wrote:
marurun wrote:It feels like a midway point between the arcade and NES versions.

I like your use of the word midway when talking about arcade conversions. :D

I just finished To The Moon, and man, I've never been so happy to complete a game I found to be a janky mess.

I you happy that it’s over and you don’t have to play it anymore? As some of you know, I am not a big fan of that game...
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I you happy that it’s over and you don’t have to play it anymore? As some of you know, I am not a big fan of that game...

Nope, quite the opposite. I really enjoyed the game despite its massive flaws with the biggest being that the game just runs like utter shit. I'm guessing this is because it's an RPGMaker problem as I've had a similar problem with Labyrinthine Dreams, which used the same engine. I really appreciated the game's portrayal of not one, but two characters with Asperger's. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be a fan of the game, either.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
marurun wrote:I really liked Double Dragon 2 on PC Engine Super CD. It feels like a midway point between the arcade and NES versions.

This. Also, the first two Gameboy Double Dragon game’s are pretty solid.

I didn't know about double dragon 2 on the pc engine super cd, I'll check that out.

I never played dd1 on gameboy, I played dd2 earlier this year, it was good for what it was but I don't think I will ever replay it given how many better dd games there are.

There are a TON of double dragon games out there using the openbor engine, double dragon probably has more openbor fan games than any other game outside of maybe final fight. Some of them are trash, but there are a couple of really solid ones out there like double dragon unleashed and double dragon zero. Unleashed is kind of like a remix of levels and enemies from all the double dragon games with a more fleshed out and solid fighting engine than the original double dragon. Zero is dd game that uses the sprites from the neo geo one on one fighter, very solid beat me up. Double dragon gold gets a lot of hype but I hated it.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Okay, two things:

I like the more recent Donkey Kong games, but not the SNES titles, and I can't determine why.

Dixie Kong creeps me out. I think it's the hair. Don't know why, but it bothers me so much. Same with Candy Kong, but Candy creeps me out because she is too anthropomorphic compared to the rest of the cast, especially all the man-kongs.

And just to add, I'm loving RDR2. Really wish we got more western games. If I ever make a game, I want to make a Way of the Samurai style game, but a western.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Okay, two things:

I like the more recent Donkey Kong games, but not the SNES titles, and I can't determine why.

Dixie Kong creeps me out. I think it's the hair. Don't know why, but it bothers me so much. Same with Candy Kong, but Candy creeps me out because she is too anthropomorphic compared to the rest of the cast, especially all the man-kongs.

And just to add, I'm loving RDR2. Really wish we got more western games. If I ever make a game, I want to make a Way of the Samurai style game, but a western.

I love Donkey Kong Country but thought the two SNES sequels were just okay. They're overindulgent and get annoying quickly. They lack the brilliant slickness and smooth pacing of the first one.

I, do, admittedly, also think the Wii and Wii U Donkey Kong games sucked balls.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I live in a bizarro world. I found the SNES Donkey Kong Country games to be middling but found Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze to be master class in 2D platforming.

The SNES games have super spotty hit detection and the backgrounds have not aged well
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I found DKC to be a great but experimental effort, DKC2 to be the logical buildup where the first's style and gameplay were perfected, and DKC3 to be a departure that was trying new ideas and of lesser quality than 2 but still interesting enough to warrant playing. I haven't tried any after that.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Ack wrote:I found DKC to be a great but experimental effort, DKC2 to be the logical buildup where the first's style and gameplay were perfected, and DKC3 to be a departure that was trying new ideas and of lesser quality than 2 but still interesting enough to warrant playing. I haven't tried any after that.

I know you like adding bones to your pile. Tropical Freeze is a worthy beast to slay. Highly recommend it if you have a switch or Wii u.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Ack wrote:I found DKC to be a great but experimental effort, DKC2 to be the logical buildup where the first's style and gameplay were perfected, and DKC3 to be a departure that was trying new ideas and of lesser quality than 2 but still interesting enough to warrant playing. I haven't tried any after that.

I know you like adding bones to your pile. Tropical Freeze is a worthy beast to slay. Highly recommend it if you have a switch or Wii u.

I'll admit that the DKCR games aren't mechanically a completely resurrection of the original series, but they're still fantastic games. I too highly recommend them and am a proud member of the "All DKC games are good" club :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me