Xbox One

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Xbox One

Post by noiseredux »

Since variable refresh rate technology was introduced in 2015, support for it it has become increasingly common, both in GPUs and in new computer monitors, and gaming laptop displays. In order to take advantage of variable refresh rate you’ll need both a GPU and a display that support it. According to Gammill, in the interview with Gamasutra, the Xbox’s Project Scorpio will have the capability. Specifically it will support AMD’s Freesync (both Xbox and PS4 are built around AMD GPUs). So if you happen to have a Freesync monitor you’ll be able to plug Project Scorpio in and enjoy the smoothest gameplay ever witnessed on a modern console.

http://gizmodo.com/microsoft-seems-to-t ... 1794256730
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Anyone else try Ryse: Son of Rome? I completed about 15% of the game this morning and like the mechanics enough. The XP skill leveling seems pretty basic, but i'm good there as i dont play a lot of games like this.

The multiplayer is ALL two player co-op. I liked the story and action enough to grab the season pass on sale for $6 (the game is free with gold), which has something like four add-ons to the main game (and a number of multiplayer co-op missions).
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Just read that Microsoft is implementing a steam style self refund service on Xbox One and Windows 10.

The guidelines are:
1. Have had the game less than 14 days
2. Haven't played more than a maximum of 2 hours
3. Have at least played the game once
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

retrosportsgamer wrote:Anyone else try Ryse: Son of Rome? I completed about 15% of the game this morning and like the mechanics enough. The XP skill leveling seems pretty basic, but i'm good there as i dont play a lot of games like this.

The multiplayer is ALL two player co-op. I liked the story and action enough to grab the season pass on sale for $6 (the game is free with gold), which has something like four add-ons to the main game (and a number of multiplayer co-op missions).

I bought the Ryse bundle (game plus DLC) in early 2016 when it was on sale for $15. I throughly enjoyed the campaign. I have only played the MP twice but I think it's fun. If you want to play PM me.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I know we're not the digital game types 'round here but anybody pick up some interesting titles during the Easter Sale?

I finally decided to try Dead Island at the request of some friends. Ended up getting a few other titles here and there too - Alan Wake, Red Faction, Remember Me, and that newer Thief game nobody likes. :lol:
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:I know we're not the digital game types 'round here but anybody pick up some interesting titles during the Easter Sale?

I finally decided to try Dead Island at the request of some friends. Ended up getting a few other titles here and there too - Alan Wake, Red Faction, Remember Me, and that newer Thief game nobody likes. :lol:
I picked up Ori and the Blind Forest. Picked it up for the art style and kept it for the tight platforming.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

It was a great sale - although outside of the Spring Sale marquee finding deals and sales in their marketplace is ridiculous. I could only find Alan Wake by searching - same with Shadow Warrior ($6!) which was on sale outside the Spring thing.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

supposedly Scorpio's price has leaked as being $399. That would be impressive as there was a lot of suggestions that the tech itself would urge a $499-$599 price tag.

I will say this: MS has talked about Scorpio supporting VR of some sort. They have not ruled out VR on the One, but I have a feeling. Anyway, IF Scorpio is $399, and IF it does support VR, and IF that HDK includes the Oculus Rift, and IF there are VR games of interest that I can't already play on PC... I could see myself trading up to a Scorpio. That's a lot of "ifs" but still.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

noiseredux wrote:supposedly Scorpio's price has leaked as being $399. That would be impressive as there was a lot of suggestions that the tech itself would urge a $499-$599 price tag.

That would surprise me very much. I fully expected a $599 price tag, MAYBE $499 if Microsoft were willing to lose money on the units. I'm not entirely sure I believe this particular leak; it's significantly more powerful than the PS4 Pro and the same price? Sounds too good to be true to me.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

Hoy! I played the Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha this afternoon. Blackbeard's ghost it's great; Day one purchase for me. You have to be willing to work with others and communicate to succeed but it feels great when your crew triumphs. I love how at least 3-4 people need to work together to sail the ship. It seems like your crew can also focus on exploring, doing quests, treasure hunting, and looting from others if you want.

If you'd like to watch my gameplay, send me a PM and I'll forward you a link.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"