Xbox One

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: Xbox One

Post by strangenova »

Anyone try out the new Beam integration that the xbone got in the new update?
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Games with Gold this month includes Ryse: Son of Rome, a game I am happy to try out and pay $0.00 for. Checks off that "exclusive" box too.

Darksiders for the 360/XBO was the other released so far. I have little interest downloading full games to my old 360 hard drive at this point, esp with how easily expandable the XBO is. So this one was an easy grab.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Darksiders seems like a great Zelda-like game. I look forward to playing it again since I've never completed it. I think I got a few hours into the PC version before I ended up getting sucked into other stuff (Dragon Commander at that point I think).

I was far more interested in Darksiders II but I hit a game breaking bug on the Wii U version at one point so I never finished it either, although I was quite close according to guides I later looked at.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I don't know anything about Darksiders. It's Zelda-ish?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:I don't know anything about Darksiders. It's Zelda-ish?

It is very 3D Zelda-ish. Hookshot, dungeons, treasure chest and keys. Fun, interesting story too!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I love Darksiders. I have the first one on 360 and the second one on Wii U.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Project Scorpio is looking to be a beast...'course, there's no MSRP yet, or an announced lineup of new software (does sound like patching games to run at 4k native won't be hard).
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

The problem for me is that as nice that it is that you'll be able to run XBox One games with higher performance levels, there'd have to be some exclusives of not for me to justify buying it in the first place.

As someone who has a decent wants list for both the original XBox and the XBox 360, the XBox One line-up is just depressing.

I don't see Scorpio reversing this situation either. Playstation still controls the market, so games are going to be targeting that platform. Scorpio will be a niche version of a comparatively unpopular platform. Why would developers choose to try accommodate it?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I love my Xbox One, but I'm still confused about what Scorpio is. Like, I think it's going to be a very high end Xbox One. Along the lines of how you can build a budget gaming PC, or a super high end one. Or maybe a better way to put it is how iOS and Android devices have generations... but for the most part can run the same games - just the performance is different. Am I wrong?

I have heard some rumors that the Scorpio is being build w/ VR in mind as well. Maybe? I'm sure it's a daydream, but I'd love if the Xbox line could support VR kits that are already out there. I mean maybe it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility given that MS and Oculus have done some dancing together already.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Saw a graphic comparing it to ps 4 pro and it was substantially more powerful.

Also noted that the Xbox One S is more on par with ps pro than I thought.