A little help with Magical Chase's controls?

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Anayo
Next-Gen

A little help with Magical Chase's controls?

Post by Anayo »

I began playing Magical Chase for the Turbografx 16 earlier this week. I beat the first 5 stages, but I'm stuck on stage 6. I think if I knew how to lock my little star shooters in place or use power ups I could get farther. I think it's some combination of the II button and pointing a certain way on the D pad, but it seems to have different results each time, and searching google for a breakdown of the controls didn't turn anything up. ^^;
marurun

Re: A little help with Magical Chase's controls?

Post by marurun »

You cannot lock the placement of the star options. You can only lock the direction they fire. Power-ups you have to buy in the store. As for the magic spells, I think those are Select. I just closed Ootake and forgot to check (and my Duo is still in the box from the move).
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

It seemed to me like half the time holding the II button would lock the stars' aim, the other half of the time it would lock the stars' position. I was playing on the PC engine android emulator, btw.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Went back to the game and poked around a little. So, here's how to make stuff work. Tap button I when NOT holding button II to fire to lock the options in place. Tap button I while firing (holding button II) in order to lock the firing direction of the options. To use spells, double press button II quickly.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

Thanks, marurun! I'll post back here as soon as I beat stage 6. :D