Image Link Dump Thread.

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Re: Image Link Dump Thread.

Post by lisalover1 »

the7k wrote:Did you know? There's a block list (called 'Foes') in your User Control Panel. Maybe make use of that instead of insisting that we banhammer everyone who doesn't dance to your particular goose step.

You're part of the reason I left RB. The gaming community is so fucking hostile to women and especially trans women, and I don't really want a part of it anymore. You're so concerned about being "fair and even-headed", but you never stop to think that your inherent prejudices and biases might make your definition of "fair" way off from what is actually just, especially considering the shit that people like me put up with that you have never had to worry about once in your whole life. To address things in this way while only considering the viewpoint of someone who has never experienced these problems is EXACTLY how our society comes to normalize transphobia, homophobia, racism, and every other kind of prejudice. If you don't recognize that, then YOU. ARE. PART. OF. THE. PROBLEM.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I tried to watch Lady Dynamite tonight. Made it through half the first episode and had to turn it off. I didn't find the show even remotely funny. I guess I went in expecting a very different style of humor than what I got. Oh well, I still like Maria Bamford. She was great on Check It Out!:

https://youtu.be/3BVG1P6q4pE?t=34

She was also great on Louie.

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Yeah...It isn't for everyone, and the first episode is by far the weakest one. If you decide to give it another shot, skip ahead to a point later in the series.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Those things bite something fierce. A physician friend of mine had these wash up in Clearwater FL - he got stung bad - not knowing at first what it was. They are very common around the South African coast through to the islands of SE Asia, but have been migrating to Southern US and Mexico the past couple years.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

mjmjr25 wrote:Those things bite something fierce. A physician friend of mine had these wash up in Clearwater FL - he got stung bad - not knowing at first what it was. They are very common around the South African coast through to the islands of SE Asia, but have been migrating to Southern US and Mexico the past couple years.

We overfish the oceans, kill off their natural predators. The ecosystem will decimate our numbers when it's had enough (Not really in a spiritual sense, more of sustainability for our species)
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Exhuminator wrote:https://imgur.com/gallery/l4Shw

Right before bed... thanks for the nightmares.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Pulsar_t wrote:We overfish the oceans, kill off their natural predators. The ecosystem will decimate our numbers when it's had enough (Not really in a spiritual sense, more of sustainability for our species)

Is that true? That stuff will keep me up at night.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

mjmjr25 wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:We overfish the oceans, kill off their natural predators. The ecosystem will decimate our numbers when it's had enough (Not really in a spiritual sense, more of sustainability for our species)

Is that true? That stuff will keep me up at night.

The thing that's dying in the ocean that will affect us, is not predators so much as it is phytoplankton:

https://stephenleahy.net/2016/04/28/oce ... ification/
PLAY KING'S FIELD.