Gonna dive into Neo Geo AES collecting. Talk me down?

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Gonna dive into Neo Geo AES collecting. Talk me down?

Post by noiseredux »

what the heck? You started this thread in March 2013? How is time going by so quickly? Damn.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Wow. It's been 3 years already.

So, I am at another crossroads: as i've picked up AES games the past 3 years, I wasn't sure if I would stick with AES, or go back to MVS. Go full one or the other, go halves of both, etc and etc. As such - I haven't really sold off dups. Meaning, I have Garou on both formats, etc.

At this point - having had both for 3 years and it hasn't "bothered" my OCD tendencies; I think I can safely move my MVS dups. Before doing so - anything else to consider?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Unless I'm wrong here, I can't think of a negative unless you like the MVS version for some irrational reason considering they're not artistically as pretty at all, don't have the nice AES boxes or manuals either. Sure you get the mini posters and mini marquee, but given it all bundles in a bubble bag with a cardboard box I don't see the benefit. It's rare I've seen where the MVS stuff costs more, but if the money isn't a problem I think you're pretty safe. As I figure why keep a dupe if the base code is the same and it's about the exterior and cash value in the end. Use the money, get something on AES you would like you lack.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

There's a few things more expensive in mvs format, but very few.

I don't personally see any downside for you, Mikey. Also, it looks like I'm buying that Ms Pac cabinet so I'm a touch tapped for now, buuuut be sure to say hi when you've figured out which dupes you're unloading.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Same here since I'm fresh into this I'm sure there's something I could probably use.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

PM me if you've got an extra MVS Garou or Sam Sho 5 Special
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

Mike, as I have been doing the same thing. I have noticed that I'm starting to make choices of what games are better in a cab vs games that are better as a homecart. Things like Spinmaster/Blue's Journey, feel more at home as a homecart. Which something like Aero Fighters 2/Sengoku 2 feel better as MVS carts. But that's just me.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

How do you feel about Windjammers and Street Hoop? Those are two I have on MVS only right now and part of me thinks they'd be better on homecart to play full games and avoid the constant continuing - particularly Street Hoop.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

I still view Windjammers as Neo Pong, so MVS for sure. All the sport titles outside of Baseball Stars 2 are much better as homecarts.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

mjmjr25 wrote:How do you feel about Windjammers and Street Hoop? Those are two I have on MVS only right now and part of me thinks they'd be better on homecart to play full games and avoid the constant continuing - particularly Street Hoop.

If you decide to sell them, hit me up; I've been looking to add those two to my collection, especially Windjammers.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode