What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Xeogred »

I had a better time with the new Tomb Raider myself over Uncharted. Simply put the combat/gunplay was way better. Although the puzzles and exploration were again nothing like the old games or anything, it was still cool. All around a solid game for sure.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I've finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted: Golden Abyss and both games were the same experience for me. Very nice graphics and very boring gameplay.

-

I've been playing Legend of Grimrock at night while on vacation. So far it is a very solid dungeon crawler, but not without room for improvement. Overall it's been a fun time though, and fans of Eye of the Beholder would love this. I appreciate that the developers incorporate frequent puzzles into the level designs and it's not just constant hack'n'slash.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Despite playing it a lot, I'm making very little progress on Final Fight, it's a game that punishes you a lot for not taking it seriously and rushing and yet that's often what I do. I'm also credit feeding a bit (mostly because the first stage is boring) and that doesn't help you to get better, either.

Right now the Andore cage fight tears me apart. I can clean the previous two fights with a bit of luck but my tactics there are terrible and I just get killed.

Also, I'm convinced I'll never beat Magical Drop III. I must have put hundreds of credits on it but I still can't last for more than 3-4 minutes on puzzle mode while I have 1CC'ed the first game.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Star Wars: Battlefront but only if my friends are online. It's kind of a clusterfuck and playing alone is pretty unsatisfying, something I didn't find with previous DICE shooters. I also beat Akumajou Dracula on the SuperFami and have Crisis Core in my PSP ahead of an extended weekend away.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I've got about 8 hours in Legend of Grimrock currently. I just reached level 5 of the 13 level dungeon last night. I noticed on HLTB that the average beat time for this game is 20 hours. I think that's impossible unless the people playing it were using a walkthrough for most the game. The puzzles in this dungeon crawler are often really tricky, way above average in difficulty for this genre. To be completely honest, right now I feel like Grimrock is actually a puzzle game disguised as a dungeon crawler. The actual combat is kinda boring and lacks much in the way of tactical strategy. Overall the experience is starting to become repetitive due to a lack of overall variety in the environment and monsters. However, that could change... I'm not even halfway through the game yet. I'm not saying the game isn't fun, it's entertaining. But only if you're really into switch, warp, and pressure plate puzzles.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

I'm playing through Earthbound on the SNES for the first time right now. I picked up the cartridge on eBay years ago and never got around to playing it. I just got to the third village with all of the blue houses and I'm really enjoying myself so far.

I'm also chipping away at Megaman X Street Fighter on the PC, but I haven't quite figured out some of the boss patterns yet. I can beat Chun-LI with my eyes closed but everyone else gives me trouble.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

jfe2 wrote:I'm playing through Earthbound on the SNES for the first time right now. I picked up the cartridge on eBay years ago and never got around to playing it. I just got to the third village with all of the blue houses and I'm really enjoying myself so far.

Last year, I played through Earthbound for the first time as well.

The characters, atmosphere and setting really just make the game. That is the best part of the game. Watch out as it can be deceptively difficult. It's very much like a Dragon Quest game, so expect some grinding and mean fights.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Markies wrote:Watch out as it can be deceptively difficult. It's very much like a Dragon Quest game, so expect some grinding and mean fights.

That's one thing about this game that I didn't expect! I've already been killed way more often than I expected.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Right now I am playing Warhammer 20,000: Rites of War. It's a strategy game built on the Panzer General 2 engine from SSI. You start off as the Eldar taking on the forces of the Imperium of Man while searching for artifacts of your people's history. Then the Tyranid show up and everything goes to Hell.

I'm having a blast with it and currently sit at about halfway through. The key to the game is making sure your units all get enough experience to eventually turn them into Exarchs, the uber units of the Eldar forces. I'm about halfway through the game and already starting to get them, and they absolutely lay waste to the enemy, though you have to be careful with them. Rites of War has permadeath, so anyone you lose on the battlefield is gone for good. That can be horrendously painful, to build up a unit and then see them get annihilated, forcing you to then start building up a new unit against enemies that are quite capable.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Started up the Old World Blues on Fallout New Vegas and I think I've made a horrible mistake :lol: . Everything here is kicking my ass even with the ridiculous perks they give you at the start. Think the recommended level is 15 and I'm 16/17 however I haven't sunk a lot of points into guns so maybe that's the issue. Either way it seems like the enemies are bullet sponges and some of them are taking me down in 3 hits or so :shock: .
Last edited by Fragems on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.