NFL 2015 THREAD

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: NFL 2015 THREAD

Post by stickem »

^ ah, ravens d got him that win %. I was more or less saying he's good not great
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Dalton seems like the kind of guy who's good enough to whoop on bad teams (like the Browns) but not good enough to challenge good defenses. The Bengals can contend with Dalton but if they play Denver (or even a defense like the Jets), he'll struggle.

I think guys like Flacco and Eli are in this similar weird category where if the circumstances fall just right, they can win a ring. Because man there are times when they look absolutely terrible.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

stickem wrote:^ ah, ravens d got him that win %. I was more or less saying he's good not great

Id still say that is untrue. Their Super Bowl run he had a qbr of 117, threw 11 TDs to 0 ints and had 9 ypa which is amazing. He was why the won. He just seems to turn it on in playoffs. Id compare flacco more to Eli Manning.

Dalton is more like a Matt Ryan
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

That greg hardy article. You've got to be fucking kidding me that this guy is getting paid millions.

And hey, I'll talk football all day, but I won't pay to watch it. (I will listen to experts talk about it though)
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Luke wrote:That greg hardy article. You've got to be fucking kidding me that this guy is getting paid millions.

And hey, I'll talk football all day, but I won't pay to watch it. (I will listen to experts talk about it though)

People blame the NFL, but blame legal system. He was suspended for as long as they were allowed to suspend him. In fact, it was reduced from their original amount of 10 or 11 games.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Plus the girl took hush money to go away, I don't blame her. The charges were thrown out. Nothing to see here.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Checked the schedule for this week, and I'm thinking about hitting a pub and watching the Packers vs. Panthers game as seems like it could be a defining game for both teams.

Eagles vs Cowboys is also of interest as they both have something to prove as they have both been stinkers so far.

Most of the other games, even Peyton vs. Colts don't seem that interesting.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Holy crap! The Charlotte Panthers (get your own damned team SC) were truly tested and won a game none of my friends thought they would win (myself included). I can also see at least two teams going into the playoffs, undefeated (just by stats, and nothing more) if they don't sit starters. And I'd love to see a team win the SB with zero losses, as those assholes in miami still throw parties when an undefeated team loses, even though they didn't play as many games and also wouldn't hold a candle to the teams that are playing.

Sucks about Reggie Bush's injury, but the guy is washed up and shouldn't be in the NFL anyway. CFL? Sure.

Before I open my yap I need to check the stats because I continue to wonder if there is a team that is focused on running smash mouth football. Not because a team has a less than desirable QB, but has an OC who likes to wear down the opposing DL. Games that consist if quick routes, in routes, and short slants and hooks get boring.

Whatever it takes to win...but I'd rather watch an entertaining game than "a good game" by today's standards.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

I legit cannot believe the Vikings are 6-2. I haven't been this excited about a team since 2009, and even then it was with the caveat that Brad Childress is going to screw something up. It's been 20+ years since the Vikings had a really good coach.

Also, I have no idea why Gregg Williams is allowed to still be in football. A defender that dives head first at a QB as he's sliding is so absurd, it can only be attributed to being enabled and encouraged by the coaches in charge. Eff the Rams, eff Jeff Fisher, eff Gregg Williams.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I am happy for all of you fans of winning teams. That carolina, green bay game was such an awesome battle. Definitely my favorite overall game this year.

Vikings are 6-2. The lions are... the lions. This world is a crazy one.

My poor lions.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.