Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Damm64 wrote:Just do what i do, throw the topic on a discussion with your friends to see if you can hook someone into playing it. Or you could drop on a friends house with a copy of the game and go "We're playing this NOW!"

Does this work? Barely! But hell is fun seeing their faces when i tell them what kind of route i use when playing human revolution "I was going trough this electrified water using two boxes as a bridge"

That's a great idea, but I don't have friendswho play video games.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:On another note, it aggravates me how some of the games I nerd the hell out about don't have any good groups to discuss them. Love Dishonored,

. . No real places to discuss them.

I liked Dishonored. :?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Since this forum is dedicated to current gen games I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find someone to discuss Dishonored or Hitman with.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Since this forum is dedicated to current gen games I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find someone to discuss Dishonored or Hitman with.

You forgot to use the blue text....

Darn it...Namco is handling one piece but it looks like they are about to the same point as most devs with vita since japan is getting the games vita within the past few years but we aren't(since most of the fighting ones and such aren't getting 3ds releases...and we missed out on Super Grand Battle X altogether from the looks of it :-\)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:On another note, it aggravates me how some of the games I nerd the hell out about don't have any good groups to discuss them. Love Dishonored, love the Hitman games, etc. No real places to discuss them. Even reddit is a surprising wasteland for them.

Have you tried any PC-centric communities, or TTLG? Might as well go to the source, as far as emergent stealth go.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I'm on a quest to play some of the older Japanese RPGs. Those released before the Dragon Quest-led popularity explosion in 1986. These are the Japanese role-playing games 1982-1985 that actually received console ports, thus making them somewhat accessible for the average retro gamer. If I missed any, holla at me. Dates shown are original (computer or arcade) release dates.

No JRPGs ported. :cry:

Bokosuka Wars - Ported to the Famicom, thus making it the oldest Japanese RPG playable on a console.

The Tower of Druaga - Originally an arcade game. Later received Famicom, PC Engine, Game Boy, and GameCube ports. Also appears on various compilations.
Dragon Slayer - Ported to the Super Cassette Vision, Game Boy, and Saturn.
The Black Onyx - Ported to the SG-1000, Famicom, and Game Boy Color.
Hydlide - Ported to the NES.

Xanadu - Ported to the Sega Saturn as part of a Falcom collection.
Dragon Buster - Originally an arcade game. Ported to the Famicom. Also appears on various compilations.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms - Ported to the NES, Super Famicom, and WonderSwan.
Märchen Veil - Ported(/remade?) to the Famicom Disk System.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Don't know if you were going for arcade to home but I did find dragon and princess, as well as Seduction of the Condominium wife both which were done in 82 by koei...(actually koei might be a company you might want to look into for this trip you're on from the looks of it http://gaminghistory101.com/2012/12/06/jrpg/ )
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

lost Dizzy game, Wonderland Dizzy has been found and released for free: http://www.wonderlanddizzy.com/
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

Need to play fast paced games more often my left thumb is hurting after playing contra.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Beat Darius Twin using the floyd mayweather method. It doesn't matter if you hit a thing as long as you can dodge, dodge, dodge.