Any gamers in Cleveland, OH?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Any gamers in Cleveland, OH?

Post by marurun »

Hey, any gamers (or retrogamers) in Cleveland, OH out there? I'm in the area and looking to find worthy opponents to embarass me. I'm a big 2D fighter and shmup player. Love 2 player simultaneous beat-em-ups as well. If there are a couple of ya we ought to get together.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

I live in Cleveland, OH. I love 2D fighters, but I'm no pro.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I'm no pro, either, but they're fun and a lot more fun when there's a human on the other side as opposed to the system CPU.

We ought to see if we can find a couple other Cleveland gamers and arrange something.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

marurun wrote:I'm no pro, either, but they're fun and a lot more fun when there's a human on the other side as opposed to the system CPU.

We ought to see if we can find a couple other Cleveland gamers and arrange something.

Could be fun. I've never met up with anyone I know only through the internet, but I'm sure we could arrange a safe neutral place to meet and talk in person.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I tried to meet up with someone from an email list I was on, forget if it was BT's Saturn or Turbo list, but it never happened. So much for going for beer...

There are a lot of coffee houses and taverns around here that are nice meeting places. Still, it would be nice to find another gamer or two. It's kinda weird for 2 people to meet just because they like 2D fighting games. Now, 4 people makes that just fine. Not sure why...
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
CurulleanCat
32-bit

Post by CurulleanCat »

marurun wrote:I tried to meet up with someone from an email list I was on, forget if it was BT's Saturn or Turbo list, but it never happened. So much for going for beer...

There are a lot of coffee houses and taverns around here that are nice meeting places. Still, it would be nice to find another gamer or two. It's kinda weird for 2 people to meet just because they like 2D fighting games. Now, 4 people makes that just fine. Not sure why...

Cause it looks like they are meeting for a date? :?
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

CurulleanCat wrote:
marurun wrote:I tried to meet up with someone from an email list I was on, forget if it was BT's Saturn or Turbo list, but it never happened. So much for going for beer...

Cause it looks like they are meeting for a date? :?

No, because meeting people off the internet 1 on 1 seems kind of unsafe, generally speaking. I'll look for someone else to tag along.