MAME Help

Emu Talk Goes Here
SpaceBooger

MAME Help

Post by SpaceBooger »

Ok, so after reading Dave's thread on the Dreamcast and how many game are playable in MAME, I decided to update my Arcade Cab from MAME 0.152 to MAME 0.180
I used clrmamepro rebuilt and updated all of my ROMs to 0.180 now some ROMs wont work with the new version but still work with the old.
For example when updating I updated to the 64bit version. The file was named MAME64.exe this 0.180 file gave me a mission CHD or rom error for Marvel VS Capcom. When I used the old version, still there since it was just named mame.exe, this older version ran Marvel VS Capcom just fine.
Thinking it was a 64 vs 32bit error, I renamed the old file and tried the 32bit version of 0.180 and that didn't run MvC either.

Any idea why a rom that was rebuilt and updated correctly to wont run on the newest version of MAME?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis,
Sega CD, Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU, XBONE & Switch.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: MAME Help

Post by ExedExes »

PM'd.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

was looking into this myself! next year, i was thinking of going after kevtris' FPGA thing but honestly, with AES flashcarts finally happening, all i think i need is a solid MAME box to cover the arcade scene, i've got a good PS3 stick that should work there as well i'm hoping. time to search this forum for how to best build one!
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I've dealt with this a little. The newly renamed files cover the actual data, but there's .key files and such now. I'm sure the PM explained it. All the data's there, the extraneous is not. You need the extraneous, and several re-dumped files for bioses or something. The emulator no-longer supports only the data that was necessary before (incorrectly dumped or not, it was fully playable...).
My solution to that problem was re-downloading rather than finding out which files needed a new checksum-corrector or whatever-it-is file. The missing files for a whole-lot are probably small. PM fixed everything?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Ok, I'm not sure what I did wrong but is is fixed now. ExedExes PMed me and pointed out which files I should have, I had those. So I was confused and started over. I would have never figured it out without ExedExes' guidance.

Here is what happened the first time that didn't work: I found a complete 0.161 set and then merged them with individual update packs. I took the lazy way out and unzipped them all to individual folders and added each update folder full of roms to the "add-path" of CLRMamePro
ie:
\mame0162
\mame0163
\mame0164
etc
I'm thinking unzipping them in separate folders was the mistake. So I started over and this time I left all the update packs zipped in the update folder and CLRMamePro did everything right that time.

I recommend this guide if you have never used CLRMamePro before to update your old ROMs and add new ones to your set. AND if doing a batch update of ROMs leave them zipped in one folder.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis,
Sega CD, Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU, XBONE & Switch.
Matteo

Post by Matteo »

Sorry for posting here, I was looking for a good emulator with whom I can play Tekken 3, I've already tried MAMEUI64 v0.143 and Tekken 3 (Japan, TET1/VER.E1), the game lags though. Any help?