Xenoblade $100 on ebay, Fire Emblem Awakening supply issue

Level up here
JC48573
128-bit

Xenoblade $100 on ebay, Fire Emblem Awakening supply issue

Post by JC48573 »

Is it just me or Nintendo's limited run really stings?

Don't worry, I've got my copies on time, but sucks for people who need to wait or pay more.
8bit
Next-Gen

Re: Xenoblade $100 on ebay, Fire Emblem Awakening supply iss

Post by 8bit »

This may be one of the few limited runs from Nintendo on the Wii besides Metroid Prime Trilogy. I think it is a nice that dedicated gamers who knew about the games release ahead and took the time to seek it out will be rewarded with owning an amazing game that will retain its value. Just be happy you're not one of the people still looking to buy it!
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Considering how many people i've seen online when it came out mentioning picking up 2 or 3 copies just to resell later, I can't help but feel that the value of this is a tad artificially inflated. Same goes for Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

You can still find Xenoblade in retail, why someone would pay a 100 dollars for it is beyond me.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Violent By Design wrote:You can still find Xenoblade in retail, why someone would pay a 100 dollars for it is beyond me.

you can?
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

At GS's in my area, I still see the promo cases for them, but I've never actually asked to see if they have them in stock.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

foxhound1022 wrote:At GS's in my area, I still see the promo cases for them, but I've never actually asked to see if they have them in stock.

mine has promo cases, but no new or used copies. There are rarely copies at any GS stores any more.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

dsheinem wrote:
foxhound1022 wrote:At GS's in my area, I still see the promo cases for them, but I've never actually asked to see if they have them in stock.

mine has promo cases, but no new or used copies. There are rarely copies at any GS stores any more.

I figured as much; all remaining copies were probably bought up to be resold online. I might have to see if mine actually has any. There's 6 stores within about a 1/2 hr. of me.
Curlypaul
Next-Gen

Post by Curlypaul »

Well hoarding them to resell stinks, but looks like the £22 I paid for a new copy last year has been worthwhile, artificially inflated prices or not.

I've had a look at the completed listings on ebay UK, and strangely it seems that the limited edition box with the red controller is not worth anymore than the standard release.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

dsheinem wrote:
Violent By Design wrote:You can still find Xenoblade in retail, why someone would pay a 100 dollars for it is beyond me.

you can?

I found one 2 weeks ago and ebayed it