Mech Warrior Tactics

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Mech Warrior Tactics

Post by fastbilly1 »

http://www.mwtactics.com/

We dont know what it is: MW5, MC3, or something new, but this is an interesting development. Go grab your user name if you want.
MrPopo

Re: Mech Warrior Tactics

Post by MrPopo »

Interesting. MechWarrior Online is being developed by the guys who put together that MW video a while ago and it's going to be a F2P simulation game with shifting boundaries in the Inner Sphere as planets are battled over. The publisher for MWO is also the publisher for MWT. I am quite intrigued, and I would love it if we get two MechWarrior games; one simulation, one tactical like MechCommander or the table top game.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

5 hours to go
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

One hour and ten minutes. And fortunately my boss just moved our one-on-one to this afternoon; normally it would be right as the counter hits 0.

Edit: Sooooo… no new information, just a picture of mechs.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

New post, since it's cool information. An email got sent out to everyone who registered when the timer hit 0.

Commander MrPopo
It’s the year 3025. Hostile enemy lances are closing in all around you. As Commander of an elite mercenary company, it’s up to you to ensure swift victory and make your enemies pay dearly. Your Mech Bay hosts a vast array of custom Mechs, each configured for a specific combat role. Choose wisely which Mechs to take into battle: your future as the leader of your lances depends on it.

MechWarrior Tactics™ is a brand-new MechWarrior game set in the BattleTech® universe and includes everything you love about MechWarrior. MechWarrior Tactics is the latest evolution of turn-based strategy and blends tactical gameplay, deep collectability, and unique online features, and is set against visually stunning environments for the supreme MechWarrior battle experience. Players earn, collect, and purchase combat and aesthetic resources to outfit each Mech and prepare for the next online battle.

Game features:

• Collect, Customize, Command:Earn Experience and new resources as you advance your level through gameplay
Upgrade and customize your Mechs in your Mech Bay
Make the most of each Mech’s unique configuration for total battlefield domination
• Customizable Mechs – seamless store integration means never having to leave the game to purchase and equip new resources for your next mission
• Asynchronous Combat: Multiple concurrent battles with players from around the world
• Competitive ranked games and global leaderboards lets the world know you’re in charge. Play for a chance to win larger, more meaningful reward payouts
• Watch and share your completed battle using a unique cinematic replay feature

MechWarrior Tactics will be available in 2012. More information about MechWarrior Tactics can be found at www.mwtactics.com.

Sounds to me like they're basing things off the BattleTech board game. Obviously I wonder what might happen with regards to what seems to be an F2P model and what real money would be spent on. But it sounds pretty bitchin. I remember trying out the Mek Wars online game but it's a very small community and it's hard to break in to the campaign.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I was hoping for a new MW simulator, but I can live with a proper BT online.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Well MechWarrior Online is an online simulator, so that covers that end. This covers the tactical end of directly controlling an entire lance.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editoria ... ake-our-mo

So reading this, this is the BattleTech board game done on the computer with flashy graphics. This excites me to no end. And since it uses the BattleTech army point system I'm not terribly concerned about their F2P model either; you can't just throw a ton of money and be a +50 mage.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Very happy aswell popo. Best of all, the site is not blocked at work yet, and one of our IT guys is a big BT fan, so he might give me an exception here.
BananaXX
64-bit

Post by BananaXX »

Sounds really interesting, hopefully the plug-in works under Linux.
BananaXX's FS/FT Shop!!! +27 feedback and growing!!